Sign in to follow this  

Clips that hold the left side plastic on over the airbox

Ok, you know the clips that are on the left side of the bike that hold the plastics on that cover up the airbox? Well I am missing one! :banghead:

Does anyone have an extra to sell me? or do you know where I can buy one? I have called my local dealers and they said I have to buy the $91 side panel to get the clips. oh man. I would love it if someone had an extra kickin around! Or if you know where I could get one please post!

thanks guys!

I've read on here that aircraft suppliers will have the clips and retainers.

Do you know how I would go about explaining to an aircraft supplier what I need? Also do you know of a particular company I should try and contact?

someone out there must have an extra!

It is a 'quarter turn' fastener. Camloc and Southco are two big brands. I can't tell you what type is compatible with the DRZ. Try Aircraft Spruce, they are expensive, but at least you can look at pics and see what there is.

yeah.. jsut request a sample.. they will probably just send you one... which is what you need

That looks like it might be a little short, but I'm not positive. Also, loks like you might have to setup an account to get that freebie. Let us know if you get it though...I would definietly like a second set for my dirt plastics instead of switching them over all the time.

Angry,

I removed and saved the fasteners several years ago when I tossed the stock airbox. I will search tonight, you can have them if I can locate them. I will get back to you tomorrow.

if you find those fasteners I will forever be in debt to you! :banghead:

I will pay for any shipping if you have a paypal account.

thanks!

This might be a good item for the store here to carry once we figure out where to get them.

I think you found it Neil!

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.ACCT40184/sc.14/category.-114/it.A/id.1159/.f

So do you think that these are long enough? My Bike isn't here or I would take one off and check.

Sorry I have only just seen your reply, as it's now 1.30 am and the bike is outside, and it's raining again I can't have a look at the moment. I will have a look tomorrow after work and get back to you.

Neil.

:banghead::banghead:🤣

I buy aircraft parts for a living, and I "know people" Let me check it out. give me some time, I'll get back to you. pm me later...

Angry,

I found 2 of them lastnight, I gave one to a fellow DRZr about a year ago. You can have one for the cost of shipping. Anybody else need one, it's yours! I have been running an 02 RM250 airbox and sidepanels for a few years so they are useless to me. PM me with your address, you can mail me a check.

Sorry I have only just seen your reply, as it's now 1.30 am and the bike is outside, and it's raining again I can't have a look at the moment. I will have a look tomorrow after work and get back to you.

Neil.

🤣🤣🤣

Just had a look, 1 inch from the back of the head to the groove.

But it looks as if you are sorted, thanks to Len.

Neil.

:busted::busted::busted:

EDIT !!!!

I have just checked my fasteners again, LEN IS RIGHT.

It seems I have one non standard fastener, it is longer and has a groove not a small flange. The clip in the corresponding position in the air box is also non standard :banghead::banghead:

16.5mm from the bottom of the head to the small flange the lock tab butts up against, this is without the washer in place. 8.5mm from flange to the end of the fastener. 6mm wide.

Ditto here... I need the retainers. Had to tear them off to replace my side panel w/ Acerbis.

It holds without... but would prefer to have so I don't lose em. Would be excellent if someone found a reliable source & part # for everyone in the same boat!

any one ?? Im looking for these now and ron ayers does not list them although they show them on the panel