Sign in to follow this  

Pitster, Thumpstar or Xtreme?

One thing I would like to say is I for one am proud to be listed with SDG and Xtreme, because I know that both of them are very comminted to the sport as well as improving there bikes.

In order for the industry to grow and become what we all what it to become we all have to work together. Right now there are so many Mini's on the market, that many people will buy bikes on ebay etc... and get burned by horrible quality and poor customer support. Kids get hurt etc... lawsuits fallow etc...etc...

People like myself, SDG, Thumpstar, Xtreme are all trying to make the sport better, and do it the propper and legal way through dealers with full parts backing, etc...

There are many Import bikes out right now (on ebay etc...) that are in for a quick buck in the market, But in the end these are the bikes that KILL the market, because they offer ZERO parts backing, ZERO insurance, ZERO dealer support etc...etc... in the end buyers are pissed and loose interest in there Pit Bikes.

Pitster Pro, Xtreme, Thumpstar, SDG, anyone of us could WHORE out the market at any given time if we wanted, I.E. sell bikes to retail customers at dealer prices (like some are doing now) and offer no support, But that is not what it is all about. The names I have mentioned above are in it for the long haul and doing it the right way, so to be listed with them I am honerred and I appreciate the respect.

One thing I would like to say is I for one am proud to be listed with SDG and Xtreme, because I know that both of them are very comminted to the sport as well as improving there bikes.

In order for the industry to grow and become what we all what it to become we all have to work together. Right now there are so many Mini's on the market, that many people will buy bikes on ebay etc... and get burned by horrible quality and poor customer support. Kids get hurt etc... lawsuits fallow etc...etc...

People like myself, SDG, Thumpstar, Xtreme are all trying to make the sport better, and do it the propper and legal way through dealers with full parts backing, etc...

There are many Import bikes out right now (on ebay etc...) that are in for a quick buck in the market, But in the end these are the bikes that KILL the market, because they offer ZERO parts backing, ZERO insurance, ZERO dealer support etc...etc... in the end buyers are pissed and loose interest in there Pit Bikes.

Pitster Pro, Xtreme, Thumpstar, SDG, anyone of us could WHORE out the market at any given time if we wanted, I.E. sell bikes to retail customers at dealer prices (like some are doing now) and offer no support, But that is not what it is all about. The names I have mentioned above are in it for the long haul and doing it the right way, so to be listed with them I am honerred and I appreciate the respect.

"Well Said"

They all seem like good bikes I currently ride a thumpstar 110 and race motard on it and ride it in the dirt just change tyres and away we go have had no problems with spares and the bike is awesome.I way 100kg and am 6ft3 and the little machine takes me everywhere.Will be upgrading to the 125 and will post pics of our motard bikes,its the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

im a lil skeptical about SDG though....they have the worst customer service ive ever seen, absolutley no replacement parts even if u email them they just tell you to go to ur local dealer who sells the sdg, but the thing is so many shops droped them cuz of people keep coming back with problems or complaining about there bikes blowing...i even drove an hour to a dealership who does carries the sdg and the only parts i could get were whats in the catalog which was just basic crap like a seat and a couple handlebar parts...at least u (pitster) are involved with the comunity and willing to help, sdg u cant get ahold of and was rude and told me to go elsewhere after trying to get warranty work that they claimed would fix for free, i mean there is a site called moto xtream and they have a forum just for the sdg and u know how many people are pissed in there about them, kinda sad when a huge group of people with there product got screwed over :banghead:

that a pity that SDG company seems so poor dealing with comptaints and with their customer service, what I'm planning to do when something on my bike break is not to replace it with a new original part..... but to up grade it with a better part from companys such as BBR, FiveO etc...... I've all ready made a list on parts i want to replace.

but u gotta realize..not all the parts are the same as ur everyday crf50 aftermarket parts...the stuff i needed wasn't compatable...thats why it was so frustrating when sdg turned me away

Hey MXS.. The stock extreme motors are not putting out 16+hp... Plus those motors were not extreme motors in those bikes... They were classic honda built motors that anyone can buy... So the real deal is any one with the change can put that same motor in any bike and have a 16+ HP beast.. :banghead:

hi,does it look like a good start into pit bikes,does anyone know if they are any good and who they are made by,has anyone had one,sorry for the million questions,it does say newbie :banghead: