Sign in to follow this  

Pitster, Thumpstar or Xtreme?

Looking for a new mini. I already have a XR50 that I am turning over to my son who is 7. Looking for something to chase him around on and have some fun too. The Pitster Pro 125, Thumpstar 120, and the Xtreme CRIII all seem to be about the same price. I have heard that they all use the Jialing made motor. Anyone know if this is true? Any big performance or reliability differences between these three? It seems like the Pitster has been around a little longer than the others but it is still hard to find many objective reviews. I haven't found any for the Thumpstar or the Xtreme. Anyone know anything about the Thumpstar Pro Elite with the aluminum frame and USD forks that is suppossed to be coming out?

I'm in the same boat, checked them all out and I'm going with the Pitster it's a great bike so are the others you mentioned but Pitster stands by it's product and offers great customer service as the owner frequents this forum and is more than helpfull to all. I convinced my buddy into becoming a dealer here in Canada so I'll be getting one very soon. I would say all the engines are very similar and performance is probably quite close. I have heard of some people having difficulties getting parts for the Thumpstar.

I think the swingarm looks pretty trick on the pitster. I can hardly even notice it when I'm riding, which is a bummer.... :banghead:

i would go with the pister, i have an 05 and love it, plus the customer service is unbeatable

Jialing (which Honda owns a portion of) i'm pretty sure.

This is true, which rases the question, "is the Pitster really a knock off ??" The frame/swinger/fork is nothing like a stocker Honda job, the donk manufacturer is 50% owned by Honda. :banghead:

This is true, which rases the question, "is the Pitster really a knock off ??" The frame/swinger/fork is nothing like a stocker Honda job, the donk manufacturer is 50% owned by Honda. :banghead:

You shouldnt have said that know that is proably going to start an argument

But anyways I would go with the Pitster. I have the 05 and it has lots of power and torgue. everyone that ive heard that has one is very pleased with it.

just cuz honda might own it doenst mean its honda quality

I'll let that one go, ha, ha

I know you like the Pitster pro's, ha, ha

just cuz honda might own it doenst mean its honda quality

Completely irrelivent to wether or not it's a true knock off.....

in my eyes, the way i see it is, Pitster, Thumpstar or Xtreme is not a knock off any bike, they are pit bikes. at the beginning adults took the honda cr50 and put top clamps with BMX type bars and used them on BMX tracks doing jumps and tricks having fun........ so as more people got into it, the popular it got people started putting bigger engines and modifying other stuff......... well not everyone can afford Honda cr50...... so company's started building these pit bikes for us. that's why we call them pit bikes. (if I'm talking crap please tell me).

the true knock offs are the ones on ebay, full replicas of a crf50...anything thats a knock off is just a fake copy of something right?, so the true meaning of a knock off kinda went off trail and were calling any pitbike thats not a honda a knock off...but if u look at it most of our hondas dont have much hondas parts either so what do we call our hondas with 90% aftermarket parts? the only thing different is where its made

....so i guess theres lots of ways too look at it..who knows who cares lets just ride

who knows who cares lets just ride

nah....i wanna argue.... :banghead:

:banghead::lol:

well what I was trying to say was..... most pit bikes now are really well made and great value for money....... as long as you buy from a good well know company, I got mine for £900 ($1700) and its the best £900 I've spent all year, great fun on and off the road........ spent hours on the BMX tracks...... doing many 10-15ft jumps(a few falls) and the bike in solid ( only had the rear right plastic snap off after crash) and i've had no problems. so what ever pit bike you choose it should be alright. just have loads off fun riding

I am with Raider357, Xtremes have been around and I heard that even SDG got rid of that 3valve junk engine and they are using Xtreme engines or copies. The swingarm on the pitster is weird and I just seen one bust apart last weekend. The Xtremes seem to hold up well. As far as Tumpstars who even has one.

anyone that can show me 16 horse power like those xtremes this weekend will have me bought!!!!!!!!!!! but i cant see that so im going with xtreme

I heard that even SDG got rid of that 3valve junk engine and they are using Xtreme engines or copies..

the original sdg was the 107 speed mini...and for 06' they still have the 3 valve POS, but the new 125 pro mini engine looks similar to the gpx motor though, i saw one at the track and it sounded like crap and the guy tried to race me but my 88 smoked it in the straight and i was outa there

anyone that can show me 16 horse power like those xtremes this weekend will have me bought!!!!!!!!!!! but i cant see that so im going with xtreme

16hp, how is that possible? What motor?

Sounds like a real high # for a stock bike!