Sign in to follow this  

400E 15t c/s sprocket on a 400S ?

Can anyone tell me if 400E and 400S c/s sprockets are interchangeable?

I recently ordered a 14t and 15t countershaft sprocket from Rockymountainatv for my 2003 400S. (I sent back the 15t). According to their website and catalog they don't offer countershaft sprockets for the 400S, so I opted for the 400E. The 14t went on without a hitch, however the 15t didn't clear the swingarm pivot.

I have just fitted a set of new sprockets on my "S" 15 and 43.

The 15 is really close and appears to be touching the rubber swing arm shroud, and it was really tight to fit but seems fine in use.

And some people say they have fitted a 16t How ???

Neil. :banghead::banghead:🤣

I have just fitted a set of new sprockets on my "S" 15 and 43.

The 15 is really close and appears to be touching the rubber swing arm shroud, and it was really tight to fit but seems fine in use.

And some people say they have fitted a 16t How ???

Neil. :banghead:🤣🤣

The 16 is a very close fit to the case,, and the swingarm..the rubber chain slider has to be clearanced or just allow the sprocket to chew it away :banghead: .. Street mode only for sure.. and better hope you do not have a chain let go...

The 16 is a very close fit to the case,, and the swingarm..the rubber chain slider has to be clearanced or just allow the sprocket to chew it away :banghead: .. Street mode only for sure.. and better hope you do not have a chain let go...

My thoughts exactly, which is why I stayed with the 15t.

The sprockets are after market items, if this makes a difference.

My DRZ is street only (well 2 % off road) but I just love the wheelies.

Do the after market billet alloy C/S covers offer any more protection to the cases than the stock case saver ?

Neil.

:banghead:🤣🤣