Sign in to follow this  

Prospectors GP @ Gorman 11/5-6

Okay all, who is going to be at the Gorman GP next month (Nov 5th/6th)? Should be a fun, long loop (I'm told the experts will take about 18 minutes per lap!) through some great areas of the park (and the I-5 MX track). Who's up for it?

Who runs it? Big 6? Is this a AMA sanctioned event? CRC? :banghead:

I ran it last year and all Big 6 events so far this year. It is a Ama District 37 event. They are very well put on and the Gorman one was the funnest.

I was thinking about running this event. Is the course a fully closed course? I have done the VCMC Qualifier a couple of times before. There are a lot of sections of that course that are not closed to the public for the event. Which isn't really a big deal for a qualifier format. As long as the special test sections were controlled. But for a GP it's full on racing speed over the entire course. I would think it would be a closed course. Anyone know if it is?

ill be there, it is a 2 day event, or do you only race on one day. how do you enter?

It's closed course, but will have a significant loop through part of the park (not just around the MX and GP courses) so it'll require a spark arrestor. It's not only part of the Big 6 GP series, it's the final event! So, yes, it's a District 37 race, and yes, it's AMA (and requires AMA membership and D37 license). Here's a copy of the flyer (prints on legal sized paper):

http://home.comcast.net/~v908/webpics/Gorman_GP_Flyer-front.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~v908/webpics/Gorman_GP_Flyer-back.jpg

Were IN :banghead:

Me and the 2 boys have done all but one this year. We'll be there Friday night through Sunday afternoon. This IS one of the best GP's.

Being the points hoer that I am I will be there sunday and yes it will be my first time at a GP and on a track so can some body throw sum rocks and grease woods on the track so I feel at home

Did you see the MONSTER hill climb/downhill they added to the track. ?

Is that something recent, or just within the last year? I rode the track much earlier this year and didn't find any of the obstacles to be that bad (well, perhaps on 50...).

Is that something recent, or just within the last year? I rode the track much earlier this year and didn't find any of the obstacles to be that bad (well, perhaps on 50...).

I was up there two weeks ago.They were not using it during the races,but it's cut and prepped.It's not as big as GlenHelen's but still pretty damn steep. :banghead:

I was up there two weeks ago.They were not using it during the races,but it's cut and prepped.It's not as big as GlenHelen's but still pretty damn steep. :banghead:

Cool. I love big hill climbs (especially with loose stuff all over it) -- the one place XR's really shine! =o)