Sign in to follow this  

ANY Ford Sport Trac owners? need feedback

need something with 4 doors and over 20mpg, looking at used 02 with 5 speed to throw my kids bikes in and drive down to the track. will be selling my 4runner for this. need some sport trac owners to give me an honest opinion

thanks

john

I don't have one, but I can vouch for reliability. It is a Ford......but I have real evidence too. One of my friends has had an Explorer Sport Trac since he got it brand new in 2002 I believe. No problems yet. I'm not sure about the milage he's got on it, but he doesn probably the average 15,000 per year.

If you want over 20mpg you need a 2wd 4 cylinder truck. Sportracks are nice but watch for automatic transmission problems.

If you want over 20mpg you need a 2wd 4 cylinder truck. Sportracks are nice but watch for automatic transmission problems.

Ah, but I have a 4WD V6 and a 5 spd and get 23 MPG highway. :banghead: Of course, its a Tacoma and has the TRD package with the 4.10:1 gearing. I have found the same trucks with tyhe 4 cylinder does worse.

I have an '02. Like it alot, no problems at all.Tow a 6.5x12 trailer 2 bikes and a 4-wheeler. Truck has no problem with towing. The only downside is only 16 miles per gallon...Less when towing...

I have an 03 4x4 with 19k on it so far and no issues. I can get a little over 20 mpg if I stay under 70 and use the cruise control. As long as you don't take off too fast, you can get o.k. mileage. Better than the full size, my opinion, but not as well as the 4 bangers.

I've towed a trailer with a quad and my bike and the back loaded with gear and no issues with hills/mountains.

junior

I've got an 02 & agree with all the above. I can fit a dr 650 & a crf230 in the tiny bed with the tailgate down. Dr 650 facing forwards, crf facing backwards.

Ah, but I have a 4WD V6 and a 5 spd and get 23 MPG highway. :banghead: Of course, its a Tacoma and has the TRD package with the 4.10:1 gearing. I have found the same trucks with tyhe 4 cylinder does worse.

Do you have a tonneau? That's really good mileage!

My Lifted Prerunner with 32's and a 3" lift, V6 auto tranny is getting 18-19mpg on the highway. Good enough for me though!