Sign in to follow this  

Alpinstars LOUSY customer service

Alpinestar customer service :banghead: Bought a pair of tech 6's and the boots arent even a month old right. Well a buckle on the boots broke so I emailed them about it and they email me back tellign me I must purchase some buckle replacement kit that costs $30. All I need is 1 buckle, not a whole freaking kit for $30. When the time comes for new boots I will definitely steer clear from alpinestar boots and their lousy customer service.

That does suck. Did you ask the dealer where you bought them for a replacement? When I bought my Tech 8's and noticed a buckle was missing, I called the dealer who shipped me one right away.

Dealership is in washington state, I am in arizona. Bought them while I was up there visiting my bro on vacation.

WOW that blows.. I hate that you have to buy ALL the buckles. for my AXO's i had like 3 belt buckles bbroken off on eatch boot (long story)....

next time you buy boots, buy 'em here. good price, good service, good times.

I very well might do that, but they sure as hell wont be an alpinestar product. I am done giving my money to a lousy company who wont stand behind their product and also provides lousy customer service.

I bought Alpinestars Tech 5 boots because they felt the most comfortable of all the boots I tried.

That said, after the second ride (3 hours) one sole came off completely and the other one was starting to peel. I called Alpinestar (on my dime, no toll free number) and spent 15 minutes on hold before I was told that the customer relations dept was busy. They took my name and number and promised to call back within the hour. I didn't hear from them again, so I called back the next day. Exact same scenario, a long hold, then promises they would take care of it. Took my name and number again, said to call right back, then nothing.

Tried one more time three days later and got the same BS. Never heard from them again.

I took them to a local shoe repair place and got them fixed.

They're now about four months old and the buckles no longer close properly.

I will never buy another Alpinstars product again, mainly because of their pathetic customer service (at least in my experience).

112114813.jpg

4Takt

well on one hand I am glad that I am not the only one complaining that they have lousy customer service, on the other hand I am sorry to hear that someone else got duped out of their hard earned money on a crappy product.

You think Alpinestars has bad service, try dealing with Fox. I lost a buckle from of a pair of fox forma comps and I tried getting replacement parts through my local dealer. Well after waiting two months and continually hearing that Fox doesn't have the parts in stock, I bought a pair of Tech 8's. The forma's were 3 years old and were starting to fall apart at the seams so it was time for a new pair anyway.

Know what you mean...one month agao I purchased 2 pair of Tech 6's (1 pair for my son), and on mine after 1 ride the tech 6 rubber piece at the top of the boot came off and couldn't be put back on. My dealer said he called Alpinestars and they said they could not just send me the rubber piece. They said send the boots in and they will look at it. So unless I buy another set of boots I won't be riding until I get them back....some service eh?

It's not just Alpinestars. Many companies have poor customer service.

A very small minority go above & beyond. Very few.

Sometimes I get my wife to call when I have problems. With her sweat lil' girl voice on the phone, people tend to do more for her than my stern p.o.ed voice does. When my wife calls, and we still get no where, that company goes on my shit list. The people at E-Line carbon fiber products are the latest. What a bunch of a holes. :banghead:

Dealership is in washington state, I am in arizona. Bought them while I was up there visiting my bro on vacation.

Do you recall the name of the dealer ship?

My hubby baught some Oxtar TCX pro and a buckle broke after a couple of rides, and We went there to buy new ones and they didnt have any, nor would they order any! I emailed oxtar and they gave me the item number.. but didnt apologize for such a cheap product.. **little annoyed right now**

Sorry too hear your bad experience w/ AlpineStar.. I lucked out w/them, i needed some longer straps for my tech 8's, sent them an email, 2 days later they sent me free 4 packs of buckles :banghead:

I had some issues w/FOX on some forma comp boots, they tore after the 3rd ride, sent them in (mind you they are about 40 minutes from my house) they had them for 6 weeks, only too send them back stitched up, boots looked like frankenstein LOL

what... A Stars and lousy service. YOu made the mitsake by e-mailing them.... I ripped off a front steel plate on my sixes called them, after dealing with an idiotic lady i got to the right person and recieved the steel plates that go on the toe area for free. THE NEXT DAY! Yep, they air mailed it. I kept the envelope for memories of their excellent service...

ASTARS are the best in my book :banghead:

Do you recall the name of the dealer ship?

My hubby baught some Oxtar TCX pro and a buckle broke after a couple of rides, and We went there to buy new ones and they didnt have any, nor would they order any! I emailed oxtar and they gave me the item number.. but didnt apologize for such a cheap product.. **little annoyed right now**

yeah, pro caliber motorsports in vancouver.

That is why I bought Sidi, I hated alps customer service and the fact that the wear part of their boots (the side plastic) was sewn in. 4 hard years later and my sidi boots are perfect.

Of course he can buy them, I think you're missing the point.

Yes she missed the point totally, these boots are not even a month old! Crappy customer service for an even crappier product :banghead:

Yes she missed the point totally, these boots are not even a month old! Crappy customer service for an even crappier product :banghead:

Be nice - it's the owners wife! :banghead:🤣🤣

Besides if the end result is that their customer service stinks and you don't get anything from them, at least you can buy the buckles here...

had the same prob with a stars,they say send your boots to cali from nc and well look at them,do these people understand that we want to ride,,I will never by another alpinestars product,,JC