Sign in to follow this  

a good cheap mod for stock exhaust for xr/crf50,xr/crf70

first unscrew your stock exhaust cap(8mm bolts), then pull it out and either cut off the spark arrestor or use a flat screwdriver to get it off, when your done u should be able to c right through the pipe now. its a perfect way to give ur bike a lil bit more power and some sweet sound to it. if u have ne problems or just want to c pics for this mod go to

http://www.50mods.com/articles/mods/stock_pipe.cfm

first unscrew your stock exhaust cap(8mm bolts), then pull it out and either cut off the spark arrestor or use a flat screwdriver to get it off, when your done u should be able to c right through the pipe now. its a perfect way to give ur bike a lil bit more power and some sweet sound to it. if u have ne problems or just want to c pics for this mod go to

http://www.50mods.com/articles/mods/stock_pipe.cfm

Nice mod, much easier and quicker than the other one.

:banghead:

i have done it two different ways, one way is to chop off the entire spark arrestor and muffler and then drill out the endcap, the other is to cut thru the muffler and packing at about half way.

I just unbolted the spark arrestor and took it out. Done. He just rides in the yard so no worries.

Yeah i did that at first but then it sounds kinda annoying and overly loud, but in the backyard no one complains i guess.

no, I have no neighbors. It does make it hard to shout things to him though.

lol, i wish i had no neighbors mine are total chez. like the other day my neighbors (about 12 yrs old) were playing catch or something in there front yard while i was in my garage, and the ball kept landing in my yard and they would run through the bushes to get the ball. So after telling them about 8 times not to run through the bushes, and they have now broke a few branhes and made a mess, so i got my gear on to go for a ride, and as i left i did like a 10 foot burnout accross their lawn. it was pretty sweet