Sign in to follow this  

Internal Engine Noise - ACCT?

My 2000 S started making a ticking or more like clacking noise inside the engine. It sounds like it is coming from the head area. It does not happen every turn - it is more sporadic but has gotten worse from yesterday to today. I was thinking maybe it could be the Automatic Cam Chain Tensoiner. I never did put the MCCT on it.

Has anyone had any actual symtoms of a bad ACCT or do most bikes just die at the moment they give way? Any other reccomendations as to what it could be.

That is what happened to a brother of mine. He cahnged it out and all is good now. Replace it and you won't regret it, even if it is still good. You know you need to do it sometime.

CER

Yeah, it might be the ACCT. If I were you, I'd park it until you could replace the ACCT with a MCCT. Even if it isn't this making the noise, you should have a MCCT on a 2000 DRZ. That wasn't a good year for the ACCT. I hope this helps.

I am hoping that is what the problem is. I see that they are available through Thumpertalk now. I guess the worst case scenario is that I will need to do some internal engine work which would push me to a little more CC's since I will already be there.

You guys are definitely making me feel better. I haver already parked it and will not restart it until it has its shiny new MCCT on it. The first day I noticed the problem it wasn't very noticeable but the second day there was a big difference.

I had the same clacking noise on my 05. HAs anyone had or heard of problems with the acct on an 05 s.