Sign in to follow this  

bbr sp5?????

i was wondering if the bbr sp5's would work for me. im 14 and only 95 pounds and im a begginer so would these work???????

i think that they would work good for you. you are light enough to where they shouldnt blow through the stroke like some of the bigger guys do. and when you get bigger just change the oil.

I would never waste the money on SP-5's. My friend has them and I have a cheap knock off front end on my Honda and my forks are way better and cost way less!! If you want to save some money and get some good forks get knock off forks, if you want the best of the best get some Marzochis!(spelled wrong I bet)

seems to me from all teh posts lately that the sp5's are just as good as any knockoffs. They just have a "brand name". Every thread i see now talks about how much they suck and having to replace the seals after 1 ride. Id look into some sik50 front forks or even some knockoffs if your trying to save on cash

another question. how much does the sp5 's lift the front end..i want a taller bike...and i am investing in them as well as a down compnents frame and swingarm..i already have a works shock...i hope what would be level....can anyone post some pics of there bikes...with similar descriptions or at least give input as to wether it sits higher with these forks?? thanks!

For your size the SP5s will work peferct. I like the sp5s better then the sik50s.

marzocchis are NOT knockoffs. they are really good forks that are known in the racing world if you pay any attention. i have a pair on my 50 and they are pretty durable. i have to change the seals about every 10 races. that really aint all that bad compared to the SP5s.

SP5's are great forks - especially when you consider the "bang for the buck factor". They are quite tuneable with oil weight and volume changes and they work very well.

The down side to them is that the fork seals that come with them SUCK. I don't know why BBR uses the POS pieces they do, but they leak almost immediately. (and they are a total biatch to remove)

Stick OEM Honda XR70 seals in them, adjust the oil as per the instructions that come with them for your size/weight/riding style and go ride. Good stuff.

Comparing them to the Zokes is apples to oranges.

Marzokes are a totally different animal - twice + the price, and you do get what you pay for to an extent. They are a true USD fork with full adjustments, not a reworked standard style fork (SP5)

marzocchis are NOT knockoffs. they are really good forks that are known in the racing world if you pay any attention. i have a pair on my 50 and they are pretty durable. i have to change the seals about every 10 races. that really aint all that bad compared to the SP5s.

Do you have the 35mm or 35mm (usd) marzocchi's?

I have the 35mm forks on my bike. The forks have a year of HARD riding on them and the forks have never leaked a bit. Do yours start leaking after about 10 races or do you change them for peace of mind?