Sign in to follow this  

TTR90 Billet gas cap question.

My kids gas cap is leaking due to a tore seal inside it. I havent actually looked yet but I am assuming that I would have to replace the entire gas cap.

So if I have to replace it I may as well upgrade it right???

Well I was looking on www.rockymountainmc.com and I see that they have Tusk Billet aluminum gas caps for like $20. BUT, they dont list the ttr90. They have it for all the modern MX bikes but no kids bikes.

I know by looking on fast 50's that the TTR90 and TTR125 uses the same cap not that helps me. I know that I Can get a billet cap thru fast 50's or bbr but they are a tad pricy for my cheep blood.

Anyone know if a cap of a MX bike be it yamaha, kawasaki, suzuki, or Honda will fit the 90. I e-mailed RM and they didn't know. I e-mailed clarke tanks and they were stumped also.

So I leave it to the vast knowledge on TT to answer this question. Any ideas.

Im sorry but have no clue but is your avatar from a track on motocross madness 2? I think ive seen it before a freestyle track?

I went to RockyMountain MC's website and looked at the cap. I checked and all the YZ's and Wr's use the same Yamaha part number for the cap. The TTR90 & 125 use the same part number.

I called my friend at the cycle shop and just asked him to try to put a YZ125 cap on the TTR90. He said it was too big to fit.

That's a bummer 'cause once I saw that cap, I wanted one too! :banghead:

Wow thanks for trying all that. I may just bite the bullet and buy one of the BBR ones.

Be careful there too!My older son had a ttr125 and was moving up ,so i thought i would put his bbr cap on the ttr90.It went on fine but when he rode it with a full tank it would leak!Maybe a bad gaskit but I don't know. :banghead: