Sign in to follow this  

R head on a X

Anyone done this - R head on a X

I have done a search and have found threads talking about putting a r head on a x. Have not found any threads with the results.

Has anyone put a r head on a x? What was the benefit if any? Can you use the x cam or do you need to get a r cam? Thanks.

Thanks for the info Tuner and Ramz.

Anyone have any info on the the r head on the x whitout the big bore kit. I am trying to find out if the r head has any benefit by its self.

Thanks for the info Tuner and Ramz.

Anyone have any info on the the r head on the x whitout the big bore kit. I am trying to find out if the r head has any benefit by its self.

I have the OEM 04 X head and an 04 R head. I can not tell a diffrence.

I have an O5 R head with the revised port design.

The 06 R and X are reported different ??? I have not touched any of those.

My rating on what to put on an X if you need a new head.

#1 : 06 R head / revised ports / new seat material ( should be better)

#2 : 05 R head / revised ports / good power

#3 : 04 Head - last resort, will work well , better top end with certain cams.

Hope this may help

Ditto what bodyman says. The 2005 head has better low/mid than the 2004 head. We are all hoping the 2006 head is the one !!!!!!

Picked up the 06 R head for my 04 X last week and got all the other parts today less the intake valves :banghead: on back order. I am also using the 06 piston and rings. 12.9 (06) vs 12.5 (04). Will post more info after the first ride. No problems in 2200 miles. Just thought it was time to have a look!

Picked up the 06 R head for my 04 X last week and got all the other parts today less the intake valves :banghead: on back order. I am also using the 06 piston and rings. 12.9 (06) vs 12.5 (04). Will post more info after the first ride. No problems in 2200 miles. Just thought it was time to have a look!

Very cool. I am about to do the same thing. Can't wait to see how it runs!!!!!!! :banghead: