520 kit anyone (pics inside)

So my friend that races quads, has a 520 kit in his TRX450. I believe it has a CRF motor in it. He did the CR flat carb, webacm, J&E piston, not sure who did valves, and all sorts of stuff. He just won his championship in the Open A class. He also races it in the pro class. Anyones at last weekends race, this is what took place inside his motor.

Image001.jpg

Image002.jpg

Image003.jpg

Image004.jpg

i built a 570 engine for a customer abnd it broke before it even got in the quad thanks to UPS .it was shipped in an idustrial shiiping crate and well packed they droped it hard enough that the engine drove the starter shaft through the back of the engine case with out breaking the crate can you imagine the force required to push the shaft through thebox weighed 95 #s i think they must have got close to destination and dropped it from the plane . the quad engine looks as if it had a valve to piston issue it looks as if both intake and ex valves had toched the pizston at 1 point .

i built a 570 engine for a customer abnd it broke before it even got in the quad thanks to UPS .it was shipped in an idustrial shiiping crate and well packed they droped it hard enough that the engine drove the starter shaft through the back of the engine case with out breaking the crate can you imagine the force required to push the shaft through thebox weighed 95 #s i think they must have got close to destination and dropped it from the plane . the quad engine looks as if it had a valve to piston issue it looks as if both intake and ex valves had toched the pizston at 1 point .

If it fell from the 5th or 6th level of one of thier pallet racks, I could see that....Ive seen the damage from a 30+ foot fall to concrete...there's some G forces there for sure.... :banghead:

And this is exactly why I won't do the pink wire mod on the X. :banghead:

I don't know if over reeving is what caused this but it very well could be. Cutting the Pink wire removes the electronic rev limiter and allows the engine to rev beyond the valve springs ability to keep the valves closed when the need to be, therefor causing a collision.?

Naturally not everyone will experience this, perhaps very few. But why risk it, do you want to dump unnecessary $$$$$ into your bike, not ride for a while to gain a few more RPM's OR do you want to ride and have fun.?

P.S. I haven't seen any dyno charts but I would bet that the X horsepower will fall off and decline at those higher RPM's anyway. :banghead: