Sign in to follow this  

2004 crf.reliable bike or not

i own an 04 crf250r.i change both oils every 15 hours if not before that. i run silkolene pro cool antifreeze, and honda GN4 20-50 in the engine and the tranny.and i clean the air filter very frequent.i dont race much, just a few hare scrambles at saddleback near Sioux Falls, South Dakota.i hill climb in the badlands three to four weekends of the year.im just wondering if this a very dependable bike.ive heard as long as you service it often they last a long time.

Ive owned my 04 CRF250R for about a year, and I've had no problems. Actually, one time i had to replace my fork seals and ended up redoning the whole front suspension. That's it though, I dont race....instead I race around in the desert with my friends lookin for stuff to tear up, jump off of, and climb. By the way, does the oil you use run well.... ithink im running a little thinner

i change my oil every 15 hours. thats engine and tranny, along witht he filter.i just go by what the book says.the oil seems to run very well.everything is smooth.the oil is not hardly dirty at all when i change it.

i bought my bike new in March of 04' and i've have no problems with it! Just the usual stuff (oil, tires, etc.) The only thing i've found i dont like about it is the sub-frames bend way too easy. Oh, and the stock chains are worthless.

My 05R has been good so far.

Change the oil often, take care of it. You should be fine.

I have an '04 250X. I have had no problems that wasn't my own doing. I sucked water into the engine. I couldn't get it started for a while, it ended up being the flywheel. Once that was replaced, shes been runnin fine ever since! Valves are ok after two seasons of riding! Will be doing the top end this winter though....

i used to have an 04 until last friday. dad got me a 06 model. i had the 04 for a good while and didnt have a single problem. didnt miss but 3 holeshots on it either..