Sign in to follow this  

New Dry Creek Race

Would anyone be intrested in another Dry Creek Race in Montrose, CO? I'm thinking about taking it on and putting it into the webe series next year and maybe the RMEC if they want it. I remembered it kick my :banghead: but I always had a good time when the blisters went away...

Oh Yeah! They had a few good races there. Be nice to see it come back. Would be a great place to have a hare scrambles.

Yes! The last year they had it I was a C rider so I didn't get the full effect. Had great results and time there.

I would definitely go to another event there! Parts of that race were fairly technical, but some sections-like twisting through the trees-were a hoot!

If you hold it, they will come.

*disclaimer: actual racer numbers cannot be guaranteed by above statement. your results may vary. :banghead:

Naked, female, check workers!!! Sorry couldn't resist.

As I remember it was run really well, it's been enough years I've forgotten any bad, if there were any.

Do you want any changes or keep it like it was? Any suggestions?

Can you give me an idea of what the route was like?

I never raced the first DC, but we ride around there all the time now.

We also ride around there rest of the plateau and there are some wonderfully brilliant sections on the West end of the plateau that would make for bitchen race trails. We put together a 30 mile loop that would be perfect for everyone less than an A rider and you could easily stripe in some A/B sections that would make :banghead: for a challenge.

After this years Snowshoe Enduro, bottlenecks and impassable stretches have very little appeal anymore since it destroys a perfectly good score for so many people on late minutes for no good reason.

Anyhow, can someone give me a rough idea of what the original Dry Creek route was?

I thought it was a good challenging race as it was, but everyone trusts your judgement on changes.

I like the naked chicks working the check points! Maybe a wide variety, some big ones on the hard sections to make you go faster and the skinny ones at the gas stop!!

We also ride around there rest of the plateau and there are some wonderfully brilliant sections on the West end of the plateau that would make for bitchen race trails. We put together a 30 mile loop that would be perfect for everyone less than an A rider and you could easily stripe in some A/B sections that would make for a challenge.

After this years Snowshoe Enduro, bottlenecks and impassable stretches have very little appeal anymore since it destroys a perfectly good score for so many people on late minutes for no good reason.

Anyhow, can someone give me a rough idea of what the original Dry Creek route was?

All I can remember was tight trees and lots of rocks. It kept you going for a long time so I felt it was worth my time to go and race it. Now I'm slow and out of shape but I would still go with the amount of mileage without going over the same place twice. I'm just learning my way around up there so I hope I can make everyone happy. I gave the idea to the RMEC and we will see if they want it on the schedule.

We also ride around there rest of the plateau and there are some wonderfully brilliant sections on the West end of the plateau that would make for bitchen race trails. We put together a 30 mile loop that would be perfect for everyone less than an A rider and you could easily stripe in some A/B sections that would make :banghead: for a challenge.

Whoops...

All I can remember was tight trees and lots of rocks. It kept you going for a long time so I felt it was worth my time to go and race it. Now I'm slow and out of shape but I would still go with the amount of mileage without going over the same place twice. I'm just learning my way around up there so I hope I can make everyone happy. I gave the idea to the RMEC and we will see if they want it on the schedule.

I was thinking you were gonna bring back Long Branch. Dry Creek was a fun run also. They had about a 20 mile loop. We started at the top of where the road drops down to the river. We went down another road for a mile or so and hit the woods. I know we were next to a cliff for a long ways, in the woods (scrub brush) for a long ways then we had about 3 miles of road and beside the road coming back to camp. Wish I could tell you more but maybe this helps.

Your right about Snowshoe. I love trail riding that stuff we had on the last A/B split but racing on it isn't much fun. (disclaimer: the crew did a good job with just this one problem and I'll be back). Drycreek had a problem where we would drop into a dry, rock strewn river bed, go down it for 1/4 mile then climb out. One year the climb out bottle necked a bit but the next few years they had a alternate line around that took care of the problem.

Hope this helps and your able to work it out.

The twenty mile loop sounds great, the only one I know of is the 40 mile loop. I will ask Greg hope to get up there soon to ride it again.

With my races I do everything to avoid bottlenecks except ride their bikes up for them. As a racer that was the biggest bummer of the day for me, it's not right to lose time for someone elses mistake! But rubbings racing

With my races I do everything to avoid bottlenecks except ride their bikes up for them. As a racer that was the biggest bummer of the day for me, it's not right to lose time for someone elses mistake! But rubbings racing

Totally agree on that! Your foresight on placing workers at potential bottlenecks has not gone unnoticed :banghead: