Sign in to follow this  

2001 WR290F Baseline @ 4600ft?

Can anyone suggest a baseline jetting for a 2001 WR250F (Non-USA model) with Athena 290 kit, no airbox lid, Yoshi slip-on and PowerNow? Altitude/Temp is 4600ft/80F with the following stock settings:

42-170-ELP4.

I run 40-170-ELP3 and it seems a bit rich after the upgrade. Just like to know if anyone else has done the same and what you run now.

Thanks,

Tried a 162 and dropped the clip to #2. It actually pulls from the bottom now without any spluttering. I've noticed if I keep a constant throttle (around 1/8 - 1/4) the engine sometimes gives a hiccup. If I open the throttle is goes without hesitation. Any ideas about the hiccups? Oh, it also pops a lot on deceleration, fuel screw at 1 3/4 out for best results - tried less(1 1/2) & more(2 1/4) but this seems to pop the least and gives smoothest idle.

I finally had the bike on a Dyno with proper gas analyser etc. The jet I ended up with was a 158 and the clip position dropped back down to #2. Now that the main is sorted the bike runs very well at WOT but still has a slight hiccup at 1/4 throttle. I am going to play a bit more but atleast this is a good starting point. Thanks for the suggestions.