Sign in to follow this  

Need helmet advice for my wife, please.

Well, since we now have a quad, I'm officially the only person in the State of Utah with both a quad AND a helmet.

I've got a wide head, and a very fat face from weightlifting (and running my mouth for 40 years) and so a helmet that is snug on my face flops all over Anna's face. Are there some thinner ladies here who have found a good facial fit with a helmet brand? Since we live 55 miles from the closest traffic light, going to a big store and trying on helmets is out, so we are goin' to order 3 or 4, and then send back all but one.

What do you recommend? Money is not a real issue with me. She is getting a VERY good helmet, whether she likes the price or not. I got a brand new Fly at a pawnshop for 40 bucks! :banghead::banghead: (It was a fluke), and she wants to ride with me all weekend until the snow stops us.

I want her to have good facial and dental protection, as she is too pretty to eat a rock up here.🤣

Thanks for the help!!🤣🤣

http://www.saferacer.com/hjcclx4vapor.html

I LOVE MY HELMET

Mine of course has red and silver graphics. It fits very snug... first few days I felt like a chipmunk, now it is comfy, snug.. and it breaths pretty well.! I say its a great buy at that price too!

Sorry 2BB my hubby was still logged in, and So that is me replying and not my hubby!! LOL. **too early**

My son and I both have the SixSixOne Flight helmets in adult small. Fit is great, removable liners, pretty cool colors and one of the lightest helmets I've tried. We know they work - my son crash tests helmets regularly and we are waiting for his 3rd new helmet this season to arrive.

Helmets broke but his head was fine both with his Simpson helmet and with his 05 SixSixOne Flight helmet. The 06's are supposed to be available 1st of November.

Sorry 2BB my hubby was still logged in, and So that is me replying and not my hubby!! LOL. **too early**

I just ordered 2 from them. They had such a killer deal on street helmets I got those. MX helmets in the cold are useless!

Besides, there is no one to roost us out here except an antelope.... :banghead:

I got my wifes helmet at WalMart in the Tupperware section. It's very lite, colorful, but it lacked a chinstrap so I bought a small bungee cord. She dosen't think it offers her the same protection as mine but I assured her it will be fine. Tupperware is hard to crack.

It looks like you've already found a solution, but you may want to check around and see which helmets have different thickness cheek pieces available. I believe you can get them for the 661 (talked to the owner at Glen Helen) and most likely many other brands will have them as options as well.