Sign in to follow this  

03 drz 400 3x3 mod

Have a 03 drz400's(Canadian model) did the 3x3 airbox mod stage 1 dyno jet kit 140 main 27.5 pilot.Bike sucks in mid range good top end, idles great surges and chucks around 105 km.Tried moving clip down 1 and up 1 same thing.Any thoughts?

sorry mistake there.i went from a 22.5 to a 25 pilot.and i used the the spring and needle jet from the dyno jet kit at 4th position.then moved clip to 3rd and 5 position with no change.

what altitude?

double check tomake sure the slide spring isnt cocked and not allowing the slide to fully lift.

spring is good im getting full throttle just seems to sort of spudder in mid range.i should be around sea level or a bit above, like a big hill would be 1000 feet here.

How long has it been since you put a new spark plug in the bike? Some times the plug can load up and not clean out until you crack it wide open. If that doesn't change anything try moving clip to 2nd position. That will lean it a little in the mid range rpms. Sounds like its running rich in the mid rpms.

spring is good im getting full throttle just seems to sort of spudder in mid range.i should be around sea level or a bit above, like a big hill would be 1000 feet here.

at steady throttle or while accelerating?