Sign in to follow this  

Handlebar risers

I am trying to find handlebar risers to my DR650SE -96. One that not only rise the handlebar but also moves it a bit forward.

Because usually when you add handlebar risers it will also move the handlebar closer to the driver because the fork has an angle. My goal is to rise the handlebar straight upwards and not up and forward.

Have anyone seen stock risers like that or do I have to try to build something myself?

I also searched here in the forum on how high you can rise without replacing the original cabels - I only found one post that someone had rised 1,5 inches or 35 mm. Any other experiences in the area?

Of course when I send my new thread away I got a tip from a friend about 25 mm risers that also move it forward

69-1265.jpg

If my image have been correctly inserted above, this is what I meant with my previous post.

They are quite :banghead: expensive (100 $) - but one question remains: Does anyone have experience with this kind of risers on a DR?

I don't have, might give yahoo Dr group a shout. I would be happy with a heaver triple clamp with adjustable bar mounts. I have Pro Taper universal adapters with fat bars and like you stated it rises but brings the bars to the rider.

I am trying to find handlebar risers to my DR650SE -96. One that not only rise the handlebar but also moves it a bit forward.

Because usually when you add handlebar risers it will also move the handlebar closer to the driver because the fork has an angle. My goal is to rise the handlebar straight upwards and not up and forward.

QUOTE]

I suppose you could mount these "backwards" so the bars go forward rather than back?

http://www.zianet.com/GenMar/

Perry from the yahoo DR650 group has them. I got my left side case cover from him and I'm stoked on it.

motorcycleproducts dot org

Had to get creative. Thumpertalk was getting weird about that address?

Shoot Perry a question on the Yahoo DR Group. Actually, I've seen him post here so he's probably seeing this as I type. He's got several other items of interest as well.

I am here. Working on getting TT to carry some of my risers. We will see what happens. No response as of yet.

Perry

I use Perry's and I'm happy with them. Reasonable price, as well.

Tom

Avon Lake, Ohio

I just got a set of Rox handlebar risers for my yfz 450 and am very happy. They come in different lengths and bar sizes. They are fully adjustable front and back. I would definetely recomend them. Check out www.roxspeedfx.com.

Call 800-522-6257 or email: bierdo@mindspring.com for 1 inch bar risers for the DR. I just bought a set from this guy for $35 and they are great. He sells them on ebay too. If you do an ebay search for dr650 or his ebay store called dirtly's, it will come up. His website is www.formtechservices.com. I think if you go more than 1 inch higher, the stock cables won't reach. Hope this helps

I just got a set of Rox handlebar risers for my yfz 450 and am very happy. They come in different lengths and bar sizes. They are fully adjustable front and back. I would definetely recomend them. Check out www.roxspeedfx.com.

these guys make a nice anti-vibe bar mounts too. you can adjust them front to back as much as you want, you'll know what i'm talking about if you check the site(saw them in an atv magazine for atv's).