Sign in to follow this  

3hrs on 2.8 gallons

I usually run 2hr Harescrambles and my CRF 250R with the IMS 2.8 tanks has no problem finishing. How about a 3 hour race ? Seems to me that it should finish but I really don't want to chance it. Anyone ever do a 3hr race with the IMS tank ?

Junior can on some courses with the Clark 3 gal get 2.5 hours in. Fast sand tracks or open events we can get 43-48 miles on the 3 gallons.

The stock X tank 2.5-2.7 gal has run out of gas 2 times. At Delaware last fall it was 4 miles from the finish 43 miles we needed 47-48 to finish.. and at the Dutchmen...10 laps at 4 miles or so each... pushed the last one half way in.

Meteor is fast our TM125 ate 4 gallons last year in 2 hours 12 minutes. I figure 12-14 lap race unless they slow it down some how.....

Our KTM with the EXC tank will be gassed twice :banghead: pig that she is...... We ran out twice with it at Foggy .. 2 miles from first loop end and 4 miles from the second half end.even with an extra Qt taped to his chest protecter.\

the Short of it..I guess I would say NO.

If we run the Honda I will gas after 6 laps or 7... 38 - 44 miles.

The furthest I have ever gone without fueling during a harescramble was 48 miles (8, 6 mile laps) with IMS tank. I was REALLY low on fuel. This course was pretty open and fast. I raced Unadilla GNCC two weeks ago and stopped for fuel. We splashed in about a gallon. Based on how much fuel it took after the race, I do not think I would have made it without the stop. I did 6 laps at Unadilla. Hope this helps. Good luck, that extra hour really wore me down.

Junior can on some courses with the Clark 3 gal get 2.5 hours in. Fast sand tracks or open events we can get 43-48 miles on the 3 gallons.

The stock X tank 2.5-2.7 gal has run out of gas 2 times. At Delaware last fall it was 4 miles from the finish 43 miles we needed 47-48 to finish.. and at the Dutchmen...10 laps at 4 miles or so each... pushed the last one half way in.

Meteor is fast our TM125 ate 4 gallons last year in 2 hours 12 minutes. I figure 12-14 lap race unless they slow it down some how.....

Our KTM with the EXC tank will be gassed twice :banghead: pig that she is...... We ran out twice with it at Foggy .. 2 miles from first loop end and 4 miles from the second half end.even with an extra Qt taped to his chest protecter.\

the Short of it..I guess I would say NO.

If we run the Honda I will gas after 6 laps or 7... 38 - 44 miles.

Are you doing the meteor race again this year? I was out there last weekend and it looks like the woods might be longer this year. If we don't get a good amount of rain before next weekend it's going to be a dust bowl. This past weekend was almost as bad as the delaware race earlier this year. If your not up front, you won't be able to see anything on the grass track.