Sign in to follow this  

Positive dealership feedback.....

I just wanted to give some positive feedback on an excellent shop that I've found. Not that I'm an authority but, we hear the negative way too often....and this could help someone new to the area find a dealer.

Maybe TT should have a dealer feedback section......

I've visited many dealerships all over the Southeast in the past and I have finally found a local one that I actually have enjoy dealing with. I'm not sure if everyone else has a difficult time dealing with their local shop, but normally I'm less than pleased after visiting most dealers. While this isn't the closest dealership to me, I'll gladly drive the extra distance.

Excel Motorsports in Concord North Carolina is one of the best, from buying a bike, to ordering parts, to the service department.

I have zero complaints....so far.

Two others I would highly recommend are......

Pro-line Motorsports (KTM) in Duluth Ga. and Dirt and Street Cycle (Gas-Gas) in Rockwell NC.

http://www.excel-motorsports.com/

http://www.dirtandstreetcycle.com/

http://www.prolinemotorsports.com/

I live in Columbia and was disapointed with the metric dealers in the area.

I bought my bike from Honda - Kawasaki - Yamaha of Orangeburg. They were very easy do do business with and went out of their way to deliver the bike to me. They are worth the hour drive.

I've been pretty darn happy w/ Foothills Motorsports in Easley (near Greenville) SC. I've done everything from buying a bike & gear, ordering parts, etc. I've haven't had to pay for service work, except having a tire changed, and they were HIGH. But they did remove a nut off the XR50 w/ a special tool (that is very hard to get) for free. :banghead:

I have dealt with Foothills back when I had my CRF450. Even bought a CRF150 from them.

The sales staff was great and the parts staff were very friendly. Unfortunately, they NEVER got any of my parts in when they said they would. They blamed Honda every time.

One time I ordered some spokes from them and it took 2 weeks. After the first week I ordered them from a Honda dealer in NC just to see if it really was Honda making the problems.

The NC shop had the spokes to me in less than 4 days (2 days before Foothills even got the spokes in).

I called and complained and decided I will never do business with them ever again. Just being nice is not enough for me. They never did what they said they would do in the Parts Dept and did not seem to care that I was frustrated.

I have been treated much better by Upstate Cycle in Greenville. They have gotten parts for my Honda and my Yamaha fairly quick and they don't even carry those brands. Mike and Gerald at Upstate are top notch. They always go above and beyond.

Ivan

I have dealt with Foothills back when I had my CRF450. Even bought a CRF150 from them.

The sales staff was great and the parts staff were very friendly. Unfortunately, they NEVER got any of my parts in when they said they would. They blamed Honda every time.

One time I ordered some spokes from them and it took 2 weeks. After the first week I ordered them from a Honda dealer in NC just to see if it really was Honda making the problems.

The NC shop had the spokes to me in less than 4 days (2 days before Foothills even got the spokes in).

I called and complained and decided I will never do business with them ever again. Just being nice is not enough for me. They never did what they said they would do in the Parts Dept and did not seem to care that I was frustrated.

I have been treated much better by Upstate Cycle in Greenville. They have gotten parts for my Honda and my Yamaha fairly quick and they don't even carry those brands. Mike and Gerald at Upstate are top notch. They always go above and beyond.

Ivan

Sorry you had bad luck with them. I've heard lots of good about Upstate Cycle, but haven't bought anythign from them. I buy most my stuff from Cycle Gear in Greenville, but parts I usually go to Foothills for. I"ll have to start trying Upstate though, since I drive by there EVERY day.