SIDI Force sucks and so is the warranty

I purchased the Sidi Flex Force (about $320) motocross boot about 8 months ago from some of the advice on this forum.

From day one, the pins on some of the buckles started to fall off when ever the buckles open or close. This was very annoying because if I'm not paying attention, it would fall down to the ground and I wouldn't know about it.

Then came the glue problem. The inner padding moved about an inch off due to the glue not performing. This sucks for a $300 boot. The last problem is that the buckle mechanism would get under the graphic sticker on the outside of the boot. This is also sucks for a $300 boot.

I was giving up on the Sidi boot as a whole but last night I came upon the distributor of the Sidi boots in the US.

http://www.motonation.com/sidifaqs.htm

It clearly stated that the boot was covered for the life of the boot for any manufactering defect. So I called them.

They told me that they can't do anything with the stickers moving. It's just the way it is. It was "wear and tear". This is so bs....I have less expensive boots like the Forma Pro, and it doesn't have "wear and tear" issues. The pins don't fall off and there are no "stickers" on the boots.

Oh but they will send me some buckles. Thanks.

That's the last time for me on Sidi boots.

First of all I think cying about a sticker coming off your boot is kind of petty. You buy a boot for comfort and protection not because of a sticker that is on the boot. I personaly have had the problem with buckles breaking and I gave Motonation a call they hooked me up. As far as the stickers go I have a pair of Sidi's that I have had for over a year and haven't had the problems with the stickers and if I did I would just take them off and move on.

I bought the Sidi's however I went with the Vortex instead of the Force. Just cleaned them up last night and after 6 months of riding they still look brand new. So far I haven't had a single problem with them and best of all, they don't have any sticker to peel off.

My Force Flex's are going strong after a couple of years of trail riding, I love em. Broke a couple of straps, but after 2 years, I'm ok with that.

And complaining about stickers? Don't know what to say about that.

Re MotoNation, might be worth giving them another try. I returned a pair of Sidi Road boots that I bought. They were suppossed to be waterproof. They were not. They said, no problem, send em back to us, and we'll replace them.

I asked if I could change my order to the Force Flex and they said no problem.

They were very easy to deal with, and I am a happy repeat customer of theirs. -Ed

Doesen't matter if it is stickers or buckles or whatever, if you spend 300+ on a pair of boots you expect QUALITY. I can get a set of O'neal elements for under a hundred bucks and expect that they won't hold up well or be comfortable. Sorry your having to deal with that, but thanks for the post to warn of a possible problem with quality or support. :banghead:

By the way, I agree with the post about Alpine Stars... no problems with mine.

MXJunky has had nothing but positive experiences with Sidi warranty. MXJunky had an old pair of Sidi SRS boots that some of the stitching came apart, and Sidi sent MXJunky a new pair! Currently MXJunky rocks Tech 8s, but will be going back to Sidi in the future.