Sign in to follow this  

250X any good for jumping

It depends what you intend on jumping. The suspension on the X is soft. I jump creeks, gullies, small tabletops with no problem. I'm talking maybe 8 to 10 feet off of the ground. G-outs can sometimes hurt depending on the size.

I don't think I would want to take this and do any serious mx. If so I think you would need much stiffer suspension. I rarely ride on any tracks. The ones I do ride are very tame. I'm sure you will get the info you are looking for because there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

I've jumped my on an 70' table top with out any problems but on certain jumps i have to land old school with the rear tire 1st so that I don't clink the forks. All around if you are just out for fun and not too serious about motocross the X will be fine but if you want to race motocross Honda makes a bike for that its the R

Hey Monkey, grow up, or at least F#### off...

watch out i shattered my femur on a 100' triple on the x, it's not a track set up, made for the desert and Baja.

Its fine stock, and even better with R springs. I was able to get some off ebay for cheap, and at 5'11" 150#, I couldn't be happier. I rode an R the same day and it waant any better fealling than my x.