Sign in to follow this  

Am I Crazy!?!?

or has about 80% of the aftermarket world completely ignored the XR in favor of the CRF...

it seems everytime i look for this or that - its a CRF part only - and i'd have to jerry-rig it to make it work (if @ all!). do they assume that all XR riders are beared mountain men that love OEM parts so much that we never upgrade?! :banghead:

maybe im not lookin' in the right places - i know im on the right bike - is this RUSSIA? i dont think this is russia...

drj

:banghead:

i was half joking - bu not really...

XR's only hmmmm...that sounds promising - THANKS!!

drj

i just visited ROCKT MTN...and found a couple of pieces for my gal...THANKS FOR THE TIP!!!

you ride a motorcycle, right? a lot of people would call you crazy just for riding.

i say enjoy the madness. what exactly can't you find for your XR?

what exactly can't you find for your XR?

bolt on compression adjusters for one...

a nice set of levers for two...(the asv f-1 or similar quality item)

its not really as bad as i made it sound - but there IS a considerably smaller XR aftermarket world...which is too bad.

am i still talkin' crazy or am i on to something?

eh.

c'est la vie.

drj

I thought the aftermarket world for the xr was rather large compared to other bikes. Sure they might not avertise them in magizines and what not but eh parts are out there. Pick a part on your bike and I bet I could fine an aftermarket replacement for it.

im pretty sure i just gave two...

best of luck - thanks.

drj

I kinda agree with drj. There seems to be less choice for the XR in comparison to the CRF. For example there are fewer choices in tripple clamps. The ones you find will have a stock offset; rigid hanlebar mounts; less manufacturer choices. Although, one can get just about any aftermarket part for the XR. There just aren't as many choices.

but one shouldn't complain... be glad you're not trying to find aftermarket parts for the KLR :banghead:

Try chaparralmotorsports.com for ASV levers. I got a set of the F1's from them or my '02 XR250. :banghead:

bolt on compression adjusters for one...

a nice set of levers for two...(the asv f-1 or similar quality item)

its not really as bad as i made it sound - but there IS a considerably smaller XR aftermarket world...which is too bad.

am i still talkin' crazy or am i on to something?

eh.

c'est la vie.

drj

It sounds like you mean there is less bling for XRs. I would agree to that.

It sounds like you mean there is less bling for XRs. I would agree to that.

yep. i think thats what i meant.

drj

yeah - but you gotta admit - that an XR with a few trick parts and a bit of anodized red aluminum here and there isnt a bad thing?!

besides - generally speaking - (and it doesnt matter if we're talking XR's, cars or trucks) - the aftermarket stuff is generally built a bit better - engineered a bit better - and looks a bit better...so - why not.

drj