Sign in to follow this  

2001 S question...

I was looking around and see that 2001 DRZ-S models can be had for about half the price of brand new bikes. I've also read that the only difference between 2001 and later are graphics and the front forks. So, should I continue saving to get a brand new one or later than 2001, or should I jump in and get a 2001 with 5000 miles on it? I've read that the front fork difference in the years is a fairly large one...

Thanks.

Tim

The suspension issue is mainly if you want to do off-road and it's both Shock AND fork not just the fork.

If you want more street oriented stuff. you'll be fine... and a 01 with 1k for 2800 is pretty good price.

I was looking around and see that 2001 DRZ-S models can be had for about half the price of brand new bikes. I've also read that the only difference between 2001 and later are graphics and the front forks. So, should I continue saving to get a brand new one or later than 2001, or should I jump in and get a 2001 with 5000 miles on it? I've read that the front fork difference in the years is a fairly large one...

Thanks.

Tim