Sign in to follow this  

Getting my CTi2's soon, need advice on..

...which model to get.

The standard length one or the one that has a shorter tibia (lower) section to aid in boot fitment?

Do I want the brace to stop above the boot? If any of you have the long ones, how do they fit in your boots?

Models include, standard, super short, pro sport and football.

They have a new brace designed for hockey as well.

I'm scheduling with an orthotist soon, I'm sure that they will be able to help with some of this. I just wanted to have as much education going in as possible.

Thanks.

Ian

Me? I would buy Asterisk Cells instead.

If you can afford the entire custom fitting and add-on package the CTi2 may be better. (both are made by the same parent company, which created the Asterisk line to be able to offer a CTi brace to the masses. It was a successful effort) But the cell is such a damn good product right off the shelf for $500 a pair or so that I don't see the reason for paying the extra, or waiting for them. The cells are adjustable for contour and extension limit, and are very comfortable. I like the two wide, laced bands better than 4 individual straps. Since I've had them, my right knee, which would give me at least a week long limp if I so much as caught my toe in a hole has given me no trouble at all, even in the worst crashes I've been in since then.

Asterisk will also rebuild the brace any time for an $85 charge

I have full length and I love them (depends on how much room you have in your boot). Since you are seeing your Doc, you should ask if he will write scrip for them and have the insurance company pay part... I was able to get the insurance company to pick up a big chunk..

I had tore my ACL and MCL and had the big surgery (not scoped). The doctor was fitting me for a set of DON JOY carbon fiber knee braces and I brought in some infor and a buddy of mines CTi and he liked it and said he would scrip them for me. Not sure how he pulled it off but you might check into it.

They are fitted to you and I do believe the will refit them one time in the future if you gain weight or muscle. :banghead:

im getting some EVS Web knee braces..i dont wanna blow out a knee or break a femur..ive tried on the EVS and Asterisk Cells...for me personally the evs's fit better on me with my boots

its mostly preferacne on how they feel to you

The CTi rep comes out and does a full measurement of each leg. I believe there is a Motocross, Lite and Ultra Lite model. I don't race, so I don't need the heavier MX model and I don't run so I don't need the Ultra Lite. I got the Lite, figuring it would be more all around and easier to use for multiple activities. Also, I ordered the knee pad kit.

I didn't even think about MX boots, but my braces fit above the boot, which is fine. Bring your boots when you get fitted.