Sign in to follow this  

Kids outgrown CRF 50

My 8 year old is getting a little tall for his CRF 50. The CRF 70, TTR-90 and KLX 110 would all fit him better. I love red, but the Kaw has a bigger displacement so maybe he wouldn't outgrow so soon? And the TTr has e-start.

Any thoughts?

If there is no way you will keep him on a 50, geta klx for sure. They hold up great and there are tons up parts for them too. And there faster than the 70 for sure.

The KLX 110 is a much better built bike then the crf 70 IMO. We own both (the klx isnt stock anymore) but when they were both stock the klx actually felt somewhat like a mini mx bike and the 70 just feels like a turd...if i was a kid i would take the klx 110 over the 70 anyday.

I was in your shoes a couple of years ago, and checked the same bikes out. We went with the 90, and never regretted it. Very tough little bike, powerful, and lots of parts available. Stock parts are pretty cheap too. I replaced both sprockets and the chain for about $30 from the dealership.

My friend went with the 70, and just had the frame welded in 14 places!!! I really don't know much about the 110s, but I've always been a big fan of Honda and Yamaha.

Thanks for your input. I have seen some crazy crf 50s as well with big riders. In NE PA where we ride, very rocky technical stuff and the larger wheels on the bigger bikes make a big difference. I am not going to sell the 50. It is the perfect back yard bike, and the thing withstands extreme abuse: big washouts, rocky descents, wet coal pits, and just keeps going. My eight year old has done hill climbs up coal pits that I stay away from on a big bike. The rocks are the issue. Plus I have a 3 year old that will be on that crf 50 in a few years and I would like to keep it stock. The little suzuki and yamaha 50s are toys compared to the CRF