Sign in to follow this  

2006 yz250f exhaust system

For those getting the 06 yz250f, which exhaust system are you guy's planning on using. I'm thinking of going with Dr D.

Stock, no need to upgrade! I'm good enough to ride stock and be competetive, there's no real advantage other than look at my aftermarket system, spend the money wisely elsewhere, save for your next new bike, tyres more often, more track time & better protective gear, all things that will make you a better rider for sure.

Hmmm, well, that raises a good point, Maybe consider Yamaha GYT-R since they are genuine Yamaha accessories...

So do you have you 2006 model now or are you awaiting arrival?

If so please host some picture if you would. Thankyou! :banghead:

Regards

Honda0001

How does that compare to the Dr D performance wise?

phhhh, well I'm not sure, but personally I like to go with a genuine system rather than an aftermarket, I've looked on the Yamaha wesite and here is the dyno specs. I'm not really an aftermarket person at all, I use genuine everything, airfilters (which are definately better quality) oil filters, crush washers, plastics. I'd love Honda to manufacture some HRC parts, so I'd count yourself lucky Yamaha do these type of parts.

Dyno charts:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/accessories/acscitem500/5/12/7/2289/all/1/2026/0/in1/itemdetail.aspx

As you can see the top end power is significantly increased, I think this is one of the best dnyo charts I have seen, most exhausts do very little, GYT-R may be more expensive, but you have the exlusive feel knowing you have a Yamaha bike with genuine factory style parts which are very good finish and quality. I'm not saying Dr Dubach exhausts are cheap or low quality, but in comparision to the GYT-R I know which system I would spend the extra money on, knowing it should fit perfectly as well also. GYT-R all the way...

Regards

Honda0001

I thought i had it all figured out. Now i am totally confused on which to get. Thank you for the info. Does that system require re-jetting? Is it the back end only or the whole pipe?

I'd imagine the complete system. Since I'm an OEM guy you'll understand why I'm reccomending the genuine Yamaha GYT-R system of course, but it appears to be a great system as well. As goes for re jetting then I'm not sure, KTM make KTM Power Part exhaust systems that usually bolt on and go so I'd imagine the same with GYT-R since they are specifically desinged for your bike by the comapny that designed and manufacturered the bike itself, meaning they have things easier and more information available than any other company, as well as Yamaha having input into the development. So these are my reasons for choosing the GYT-R system. Not to mention I like to stick to one brand and GYT-R make about everything...

I'd use genuine accessories if they were available but since they're not then It' remains stock!

Regards

Honda0001

Something to consider; Doug Dubach has been in Yamaha R&D since retiring form full-time MX. In otherwords, he helped develop the very bike you are buying. He also worked closely with White bros developing performance pipes for the Yamie before he started his own company. I'd venture to say you'd be pretty safe going with the Dr.D. I'd also be very surprized if the GYT-R is all that much different from the Dr.D.

Damn, I should get a sponsorship from that plug :banghead:

How do they both compare? It would be nice to see both on Dyno chart.

Ill once again being going with Yoshimura for both exhaust on the 250 and 450. Ive had much better luck with my Yoshimura pipe then the other pipes Ive owned. I personally think it has the most hit out of everything as well. The Dr. D was my next best favorite, it had a nice subtle hit and pulled pretty hard throughout the range.

The OEM equipment is so good nowadays, the only time I would think about aftermarket stuff is protective (radiator guards, skid plates, etc.), a full gripper seat (I don't like the half-grippers), graphics or in the case of something like a stock two-stroke pipe, but only after it got dented all to heck.

Yamaha and KTM both have very high quality hard parts to modify your bike. I would definitely look to them first.

White Brother Carbon Pro, the sucker flat rips :banghead: .

I really like the wb carbon pro, but can't afford it. I have herd to many good things about the DR.D. Cheap and gives good gains!

I really like the wb carbon pro, but can't afford it. I have herd to many good things about the DR.D. Cheap and gives good gains!

As much as GYTR full system?

Something to consider; Doug Dubach has been in Yamaha R&D since retiring form full-time MX. In otherwords, he helped develop the very bike you are buying. He also worked closely with White bros developing performance pipes for the Yamie before he started his own company. I'd venture to say you'd be pretty safe going with the Dr.D. I'd also be very surprized if the GYT-R is all that much different from the Dr.D.

Damn, I should get a sponsorship from that plug :banghead:

more true words have not been written.

I have been told from several people that the GYTR pipe gives a little more added HP to the bottom end than the DR D. The sources are guy's who race and work in different shops. :banghead::banghead:

it is unfortunate that DR didn't do a pipe roundup for the yz250f (or any 250f) to actually prove some of these claims.

what is odd about the pipe roundup that DR did do on the rmz450 and crf450 was that sometimes the ontrack experience was not even close to what the dyno showed or vice versa.