Sign in to follow this  

Do you like yours so far...

At the moment i have a KXF but i'm sick of shiming the valve's every weekend and not wanting to partice cause the bike will be messed up for the racing.

Long story short, I'll might be getting a RMZ450 for next years racing season but i'd like to know if if you have to shim them a lot or strip the engine a day before a race just to get it singing right. I've read up on the cam chain and it doesn't brotheir me to much.

My next resort is a 250 2-stroke but i love the power of the thumper but it can be to much work sometimes.

I'd like to know wat you think of yours so far, and wat little things have you done to your bike?

I switched from an 05 YZ250 to the RMZ450. I love it, it's a great bike. It's nothing like the RMZ/KXF 250. I've never had to touch the valves at all. Just adjusted the chain a couple times.

I have had a few 4-strokes ... my 1st was a 2003 yz250f , cool bike but it felt top heavy , next bike was a 2004 crf250 .. loved that bike but I sold it when I found an AWESOME offer on a 2004 crf450 .. but I took the chnace and sold my crf450 and bought a RMZ450 .. stock this bike is awesome , and my '04 crf450 was very modded out . I will keep my RMZ450 for awhile .. in fact next spring I'll get an '06 and keep my '05 . :banghead:

I absolutely love mine....Just switched from a 05 KX250 and now the KX just sits in the garage....One of the most fun to ride bikes ive ever been on..and ive been riding since 1984.... :banghead:

u dont have to worry about the cam chain because in 2006 its self adjusting. Thats all this bike needed. I just bought mine 2006 at performance motorsports only one in orange county I was told. This thing is the shit. I also sold my crf 450 to get this and glad I did.