New bike

Ok, heres the deal. Right now i have a CRF150. It was the first bike that i have had and i need a new one. i would like the power of a 2-stroke, but want to stay four stroke. I do a lot of trail riding, but like to hit bug jumps. i need a big that has a lot of power, plus a good suspension. but ive been told that if i were to get a CRF250R that it would be a ton more work. i would have to change the oil everyother ride. clean the air filter every ride. and redo the top-end every 10 hours. just asking for a little assistance. thank you

well, the 250r 4 stroke, is the only other way to go. and no u dont have to redo the top end after every 10 hrs. listen, think of it this way, u have more maitnence because ur now gettin a race bike with WAY more power and alot better suspension. i got a 250r, and i love it(plus it is the 4 stroke engine closest to the 2 stroke characteristics) ull love the 250. dont worry about the maitnence, it aint that bad.

well, the 250r 4 stroke, is the only other way to go. and no u dont have to redo the top end after every 10 hrs. listen, think of it this way, u have more maitnence because ur now gettin a race bike with WAY more power and alot better suspension. i got a 250r, and i love it(plus it is the 4 stroke engine closest to the 2 stroke characteristics) ull love the 250. dont worry about the maitnence, it aint that bad.

A 250 in no way has any characteristics close to a 125.

...i didnt say it did. i said that it was the closest 4 stroke engine compared to the 2 strokes. plus its more like a 250 2 smoker than the 125. ive yet to ride a bike that feels like a 125. btw, have you ridden a crf 250r? and if you have what year? also crf 150-14, the 250 4 stroke has more power than a 125, (like the 450) so u will get the power of a 2 stroke and still have a 4.

alright, now here is another trip. some guy at the shop my mom works at sol that 250r. Her boss though has a yamaha WR250. it is a trail bike, but i dont know how good the suspension is on them. causei kno with that 150 the suspention sucks i beat the piss out of that bike. its kinda hard because i am turning 15 in 2 weeks, so i need to start thinking about a car and i have to pay for my bike. so, idk. if anyone has info on basically the crf250x, that would be helpfull becaue idk if i want a yamaha.

...i didnt say it did. i said that it was the closest 4 stroke engine compared to the 2 strokes. plus its more like a 250 2 smoker than the 125. ive yet to ride a bike that feels like a 125. btw, have you ridden a crf 250r? and if you have what year? also crf 150-14, the 250 4 stroke has more power than a 125, (like the 450) so u will get the power of a 2 stroke and still have a 4.

a 125 2 s makes more peak power than a 250f but over a narrower powerband

where in mass are you im in plympton

Ok, heres the deal. Right now i have a CRF150. It was the first bike that i have had and i need a new one. i would like the power of a 2-stroke, but want to stay four stroke. I do a lot of trail riding, but like to hit bug jumps. i need a big that has a lot of power, plus a good suspension. but ive been told that if i were to get a CRF250R that it would be a ton more work. i would have to change the oil everyother ride. clean the air filter every ride. and redo the top-end every 10 hours. just asking for a little assistance. thank you

dude im really a honda guy so this is hard for me but you should get a used yz250f like 01 or 02 used because of the price and yamaha because they're super reliable i know everyone is going to hate me but my bro has an 01 and beats the living crap out of it but checked the valves and they're perfect and he hits the 13,500rpm rev limiter 20 times a ride and has great suspension and power

a 125 2 s makes more peak power than a 250f but over a narrower powerband

the whole peak power thing is just a bunch of bs. OF COUSE IT DOES! its a 2 stroke! but the 250 still has more power! i watched a guy in gordons well (dunes in so cal) use his peak power to go up a dune and couldnt make it. his wheels just kept spinning and he went almost nowhere. however i went to the dune just gave it gas and went right up (it wasnt that easy but i made it up). the power is just in a different place. howver the power band on a 125 is no faster than a 250. that is why the 250 is a better bike. it has power everywhere and still can easily get a whole shot in a race against the power band of a 125.