Sign in to follow this  

Completely bummed about the weather in NC

It has been freaking dry all summer long. I have not been on a dirtbike in 3 years, I get my 02 426 this past monday, had planned on going to Center Road Motocross this weekend and it is raining and is going to rain all freaking weekend. Thats the kind of luck I have, oh well, good thing I have lots to do around the house to keep my mind off of it.

Wayne

WAH WAH. I'm looking at 4 inches of snow right now. Shut your hole.

WAH WAH. I'm looking at 4 inches of snow right now. Shut your hole.

Whats so bad about 4 inches of snow? :banghead:

#1 find a sand track or go play in the mud.

#2 stud your tires and go play in the snow.

Where there's a will there's a way,,,,, where's Willy!!! :banghead::banghead:

yeah, i'm here at Northern Illinois University and last night we played miami ohio and when we started tailgating it was in the high 70s lower 80s and then about the time the game was over the wind picked up and it dropped like crazy, when i walked back to the dorms around 4 this morning it was cold as hell, i had no idea it was gonna be like that...

LMAO.......whaaaaaaaaaa 🤣

Dude...its a motorcycle...offroad type....It can handle the rain...Your body is covered with this outter layer called skin its waterproof...take your skirt off get in some riding gear and go see what that 426 will do...

If you can go fast in sloppy conditions, you will fly in dryer ones....use the mud as a training aid........

Jeeeezzzze....... :banghead: are Yamahas ok in the rain? Maybe I shoulda told him get a KTM...then ride in the rain! :banghead:

🤣

:busted:

whtrino is right, you'll drop your speed in the mud and it will help with endurance so when it's dry you will fly!

Just get out there........

BullDzr;

Where in NC do you live? I live in Asheboro.

Will

I am not to far from you. I live in Belews Creek(other side of Kernersville)

Wayne

Center Road, the track he is talking about, closes any time it rains. Heck, they've been closed for the better part September due to "dry conditions".

I am not to far from you. I live in Belews Creek(other side of Kernersville)

Wayne

You can come join us in Taylorsville this weekend for a hare scramble at Daniels Ridge. It has a motocross track. It will be muddy, but it will be fun!

Woooooohoooo. no more dust. :banghead: C'mon, don't be sceered.

Well, I was giving serious thought to going riding in the mud this weekend. But after seeing this in your garrage https://thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=6864, I decided that would not be so fun :banghead:

I dunno, the 2 hours of riding compared to the 5-6 hours of cleanup. I think I will pass for now. I am sure I will eventually go play in the mud, but I think I will pass this opportunity up.

Thanks for the invite though.

Well, I was giving serious thought to going riding in the mud this weekend. But after seeing this in your garrage https://thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=6864, I decided that would not be so fun :banghead:

I dunno, the 2 hours of riding compared to the 5-6 hours of cleanup. I think I will pass for now. I am sure I will eventually go play in the mud, but I think I will pass this opportunity up.

2 hours

Dont ya got a preasure washer

should take about 20 min

my track I ride at is soft loamy dirt and my bike looks like that often

MYPLAYGROUND.jpg

Well, I was giving serious thought to going riding in the mud this weekend. But after seeing this in your garrage https://thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=6864, I decided that would not be so fun🤣

AAhhh, c'mon. It only took me about 30 minutes to get her looking new again with the pressure washer. We got caught on a great track in a downpour on the last lap of the race. The race was over a 5 but there were guys stuck in the woods on some hillclimbs till dark at 8:00. 4 wheelers had to pull them out. Most were 2 strokes. :banghead: Getting muddy makes me feel like a kid. Just throw a set of S12's on your bike and ignore the mud. I can't wait!🤣:banghead:

You could come and at least watch. The pros are a blast to watch going thru the woods.

Man that track looks aweasome! I have some power lines that I ride behind my house. Nothing at all like that track. When I lived in WVA i could ride anywhere around my house.

Bulldzr, Where is the track near Kernersville?

Will

Man that track looks aweasome! I have some power lines that I ride behind my house. Nothing at all like that track. When I lived in WVA i could ride anywhere around my house.

Bulldzr, Where is the track near Kernersville?

Will

That track is in Yadkinville. Straight up 421. About 30-40 minuts from Winston Salem.

Wayne

I have not ridden the track yet myself, the guys I used to ride with found it and have been riding it for a while. They were telling me about it and I saw some movies they made of them riding the track. It really does look nice in the video's. They said the Loam is like 1.5 ft deep. Said if you fall, it is like falling into tissue paper. I really can't wait to get out there and roost them but good.

Wayne