Sign in to follow this  

06 Rmz 450

I called,It,s there but there is a 500 dollar set up fee along with all the other fees

I called,It,s there but there is a 500 dollar set up fee along with all the other fees

thats rediculous...500 bux to put the front tire + handlebars on and add fluids. then the clueless 7$/hr mechanic rips thru the gears in the parkin' lot b4 its even warmed up. so much for breakin' in your motor properly :banghead:

Tell the dealership they already get payed for the set up from the factory.

Tell them you want it left in the crate cause your going to have to ship it back home or some BS like that...then set it up yourself. Also find a shop that has a dyno and get them to break it in on the dyno, I hear its the best way, also you get the dyno reports, you know horsepower/torque read outs.

Think they would let you have it still in the crate or is this just wishfull thinking?

Most of the time dealers won't leave them in the crates due to insurance reasons. The good news is that you can almost always talk the set up fee down a couple hundred bucks...