Sign in to follow this  

Riding near whidbey?!?!?!

I am moving to Whidbey Island from San Diego and am trying to meet people who ride in the area. If you have any info on the area, please let me know.

Perferably trails. I'm comig from San Diego and loved the desert, so i'm looking for the pacific northwest equivilant.

If you're near Oak Harbor, Walker Valley is only 45 minutes away.

I just moved up here (washington) from San Diego also. I am in the same predicament. I currently live in Kirkland but will be moving to Bremerton, Bangor or Poulsbo....How is the riding over there? If any at all?

thanks in advance ladies and gents!

Josh

From bremerton you are fairly close to every thing.

Port Angeles is about an hour away. There are like.. 4 good places to ride.

Belfair is pretty fun, and very close to that is Tahuya F. That place you can get lost in (do almost every time)(near shelton kind of )

Capitol Forest is down near Olympia. **My FAVORITE** However, I was told that was closed after the end of October.

Those are the closest ones I can think of.

The local options have already been brought up. Belfair/Tahuya is the closest to Bremerton. Probably about 1/2 hour drive. Sadie Creek up near Port Angeles is a bit more of a drive. The views are exceptional. To actually find any Desert conditions you will have to drive East a sustantial distance. A fair amount of the Eastern riding areas will close soon if we get any snow this year. Belfair will probably be your best bet. Try to ride on the weekdays if possible. It gets kind of crowded on the weekends. Especially in Winter as it's one of the few areas open year round. Have fun

I live in port angeles and ride all year round rain or shine. lots of mud and occasionally snow :banghead::banghead: .

come on over and visit sometime i'm always looking for new peeps to ride with.

I live in port angeles and ride all year round rain or shine. lots of mud and occasionally snow :banghead::banghead: .

come on over and visit sometime i'm always looking for new peeps to ride with.

Who are you? I am from Port Angeles. I go there all the time, and have lots of family there.

I'm a San Diego transplant from 1989. The only desert-like terrain you will find is in Eastern Washington. Walker Valley is fun but not at all what you are used to. Woods riding is a blast but very different, mostly 2nd and 3rd gear stuff. Tahuya is a bit more open, but still woods riding. If you can't make the transition from desert to woods riding, it will be a long winter for you. I suggest you try some of the local (to you) areas such as Walker Valley and Tahuya and see what you think.

Find someone who is familiar with the area to act as a guide. Every time I go to Walker, my buddy shows me a new trail.

Thanks for all the info on ridings spots, shoot me a p.m. if anybody would like to act as a guide sometime! Thanks again!!

Josh