Sign in to follow this  

Bike doesnt run right after carb cleaning

You guys are really smart and awesome and I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I just cleaned out my carb and put it back together and it seems to run really hard, its very loud, it seems as if it might be missing. It does not want to idle at all. Does anyone have an idea what it could be? It ran fine before i cleaned out the carb. I dont see what i did wrong... does anyone know?

thanks,

wes

did the idle screw get moved or the air fuel screw get moved? you might want to look at your manual and make sure there at the right spots :banghead:

Did you put the slide plate back in upside down? If so it will run very rough and won't idle. Sounds like your symptoms...

Sounds like you sucked a bugger or piece of dirt into one of the passages.... very common. Start the bike, start down the road in first gear, rev all the way and release the throttle fast. This will cause a huge vacuum in the intake. Do it a few times and it should clear it. If it doesnt, clean the carb again and blow it out with compressed air and try again.!

Did you put the slide plate back in upside down? If so it will run very rough and won't idle. Sounds like your symptoms...

This is the problem.... been there... done that!!!

Todd.

This is the problem.... been there... done that!!!

Todd.

YEP! got it, thanks a lot guys, ya'll rock!!!!!!! 🤣

runs sweeeeeeet! :banghead::banghead:🤣

You guys are really smart and awesome and I was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I say all future "please help" threads start like that. :banghead: