Sign in to follow this  

best 125 class

im 15 5 7' and 165 pounds i used to ride frequently when i rode a 65 but after my folks sold that i stoped and its beek like 6 years and i was just wondering would you guys recomend a 125 or a 250f what brand and why?

any help appreciated

For you age, i would get at 125.. they are cheaper, and have less maintenaince(some may not agree). i would buy a 125 untill you get a good understanding about bikes.

If you used to ride a 65 two-stroke, you'd be better off on another two-stroke and the adjustment period won't be near as long. I would go with a 2006 Yamaha YZ125. They handle better than any other 06 125, weigh less, and make good power with a failrly wide powerband for a 125. The maintenance will be less on a 125 than a 250F.

Also is you are 5'7'' the weight of the 250F might make it feel tippier than a 125 while sitting on top.....I know how that is.

For you age, i would get at 125.. they are cheaper, and have less maintenaince(some may not agree). i would buy a 125 untill you get a good understanding about bikes.

Great Name:

www.humbyracing.com aka Beer:p

im 15 5 7' and 165 pounds i used to ride frequently when i rode a 65 but after my folks sold that i stoped and its beek like 6 years and i was just wondering would you guys recomend a 125 or a 250f what brand and why?

any help appreciated

at your age get the best 125, the YZ125 :confused:

read thru this link, 2007 125 shootout... http://www.motoxmag.co.uk/downloads/2007-MX125s.pdf

age doesnt matter i was 15 on a 450, You will be faster on a 250f, give it a month

age DOES matter if he hadnt ridden in 6 years, and his last bike made 12 hp. im 14 on a 250 but ive been riding for a while, i wouldnt recomend some one who hasnt ridden in awhile jump to a 250f. PLUS a 125 will teach you how to work, and use the clutch, that most other bikes wont teach you

age doesnt matter i was 15 on a 450, You will be faster on a 250f, give it a month

+1, I think 4 strokes are easier to handle too, my 250 smoker is a handful, and if a 125 is anything like it, have fun. I went from a TT-R 125 to a crf250r, to a KTM 250sx, and have done really well in all of the transitions. :confused: