Sign in to follow this  

wait till you see my reborn 150

wait till you guy see my reborn crf150 its gonna have cr85 inverted forks and rear shock its gonna be so sweet ill get some pics up in a few weeks when i have it all put together..i cant wait :banghead:

YOu jsut need to put the BBR springs in, Im 155 lbs and i didnt revalve them and they barley bottom out. I would like to revalve them but im getting a 250 soon so im not waisting the money.

im lighter than that so ill be fine i can just thicken up the oil and be fine
Regardless of your weight you will need stiffer springs, the CRF150 is 70 lbs heavier than the CR85. Contact Cannon Racecraft they will be able to recommend a spring rate for you. I went with a 5.8 for the rear and .40 for the front, a little bit softer than BBR's springs which are 6.2 and .44.

Cheers, :banghead:

#319 :banghead:

wait till you guy see my reborn crf150 its gonna have cr85 inverted forks and rear shock its gonna be so sweet ill get some pics up in a few weeks when i have it all put together..i cant wait :banghead:

What are you trying to make your 150 better then your *COUGH* CRF230R *COUGH*

haha yea yea...but this is gonna be so sweet when its done in about 2 weeks or so ill have the pics up

sounds pretty cool! looking forward to seeing it, and hearing about any tweaks that you make once you ride it to get it where you want it. GOOD LUCK!

Yea, will be nice to see so we know its not BS either.

not to bring a negative vibe into it.

Yea, will be nice to see so we know its not BS either.

not to bring a negative vibe into it.

;-)

Really we need that fake YZ150F with the aluminum frame (the photoshopped fake pic of it is in Dirt Rider this month!!!) I rode my CRF150F on a race track (practice session) with the kids on their big wheel 85cc race bikes and couldn't help but think there is nothing you can do to these heavy 150s to make them go that fast and fly that far. I question the logic of spending thousands on these 150s but I do love mine and love to see them hopped up. :banghead:

i think you could do some basic engine work, and put 85 suspension on it, and you could race it. i was thinking of doing almost the same thing ot my 150, Joe. i cant wait to see yours!

i may sell my 150 to my brother in a year and hop up to the 250F but i just love my 150 and modding it out is so much fun

i may sell my 150 to my brother in a year and hop up to the 250F but i just love my 150 and modding it out is so much fun

Ha i agree with you there and at least you get to ride it still.

;-)

Really we need that fake YZ150F with the aluminum frame (the photoshopped fake pic of it is in Dirt Rider this month!!!) I rode my CRF150F on a race track (practice session) with the kids on their big wheel 85cc race bikes and couldn't help but think there is nothing you can do to these heavy 150s to make them go that fast and fly that far. I question the logic of spending thousands on these 150s but I do love mine and love to see them hopped up. :banghead:

OOOO, but how wrong u are. I run the 85 12-16 class and i do fine. I got 2nd out of like 15 at the last ArenaCross. and i got a Third at my local track out of like 15. So these bikes can do it. And there was an ex pro that rode my bike in the 125 novice class and got 1st. Ive jumped 50' doubles. And yes i know they were 50' cause i measured them. ITs not that hard. Just need the balls and skills.

i love this above guy! hes darn right. you can ride almost any bike in any (local non-pro) class and do well!

OOOO, but how wrong u are. I run the 85 12-16 class and i do fine. I got 2nd out of like 15 at the last ArenaCross. and i got a Third at my local track out of like 15. So these bikes can do it. And there was an ex pro that rode my bike in the 125 novice class and got 1st. Ive jumped 50' doubles. And yes i know they were 50" cause i measured them. ITs not that hard. Just need the balls and skills.

finnally someone who races the 150 i think i found my long lost brother dude i race the 85 beg. class and four stroke mini classes and i got second in 4stroke and 9th in 85 i even pulled a holeshot over a $18,000 fully bbr crf 150 but he ended up passing me i jump the 70' tabletop on my completly stock bike scary as hell when you land then bounce like 3ft high but still fun

finnally someone who races the 150 i think i found my long lost brother dude i race the 85 beg. class and four stroke mini classes and i got second in 4stroke and 9th in 85 i even pulled a holeshot over a $18,000 fully bbr crf 150 but he ended up passing me i jump the 70' tabletop on my completly stock bike scary as hell when you land then bounce like 3ft high but still fun

Yea i know that feeling, But i have the CR85 Forks, and CR85 Shock now. So it handles and soaks up jumps well. i ran a rythem section at the AX taht wanted to kick my back end up but it was cause the rebound setting. I love my 150. They are fun to race. But look at my mods, Mine isnt stock. No where close. lol. Mines actually better than the BBR bike but without the Aluminum Frame. Mine is more powerfull. I didnt want the Aluminum Frame cause im 5' 8" and 155 lbs. And i rode a 85 Big Wheel and its way to small. And the Aluminum Frame would be to small. So i stuck with the stock frame. It does fine. I do 50-60' doubles, and smaller stuff with no problem on it. It handles way better though then stock. IT can be raced and be verrrrry competable. You just need the skill. The guy that got second in the 125 novice rode my dads 150. All it has is a Powroll High Comp Piston and a 28mm Carb. HEs a local Pro. but mine came in first by a long shot with all my mods. They were flyin, He was thinkin about tryin the 75' double but said he needed like 20 foot more. So for all u guys that said it cant be done it can. I raced Mini 4 once and pulled the holeshot by 6 bike lengths. Got first by like 2/3 of a lap. Next moto they made me give them a half of a lap head start. Lets say i still made it into first. But i stopped and let them go since they really didnt have a chance. So now the track makes me run 85cc 12-16 years. And my first race in that i was 6th into the corner and finished 3rd. I was turnin the same lap times as the kids that always race there and it was my first time there. Now i have to run the 125 class. lol. He said i have to run 125 beg next time. But i dont have to pay cause he wants to see how much competition there is goin to be with me in there. I think ill probly get beat by alot but we'll see on the 16th.

Sry Joe for jackin your thread. But i dont think youll say anything cause ill jsut roost u when u come down here and ride with me. lol :banghead::banghead: