Sign in to follow this  

Jetting? hard or easy?

ok i know alot about my bike but the one thing i really dont know about is jetting. :banghead: i have no clue where it is(other than in the carb. somewhere)? how to change it? wat to change it to? wen it will run good with one and wen it will run good with another setting? how to get to it, to change it? and wat good will it do? help please

Get a manual - the right pipe and jetting nettle / jets - and it is pretty easy - take your time and it is not rocket science.

Don't change anything if it's running fine. If you did any mods tell the people here and they can get you pointed in the right direction as far as jetting goes. It's very very easy. The main jet can even be accessed with out taking the float boal off.

Don't change anything if it's running fine. If you did any mods tell the people here and they can get you pointed in the right direction as far as jetting goes. It's very very easy. The main jet can even be accessed with out taking the float boal off.

If I read his username right, he has a 250L. At least on my 250L there isn't a plug in the carb bowl access the mainjet without dropping the bowl.

Swapping jets is really pretty easy. There are three screws that hold the bowl onto the bottom of the carb. The bowl can be dropped off without taking the carb off the bike, but it can be a little tough to get a screwdriver in there. Once the bowl is off the pilot and main jets are right there staring at you.

Knowing what jets to use, on the other hand, is harder. I replaced the exhaust on my L with an uncorked R unit...first I went up two steps on the main, then three more, and I'm still lean. From 122 to 135 and I'm not done yet!