Sign in to follow this  

E base gasket

i have a 2000 "S" model i want to put the E kick base gasket. i have a couple of questions. what year of the "E" model should i get it from? and in a fiche menu where would i find it.

I wouldn't do all that work just for the E-gasket. If your doing a top-end rebuild or a big-bore, then I would put it in there.

Also, you going to need a less restrictive exhaust, then the stock S pipe to really notice much of a difference.

i do have the yosh slip on without the spark arrester so it would work. do you think i'd get more power from a "E" intake cam?

It's all about little gains,,unless your making big changes like big bore, FCR,ect ect.

Forget the E cam unless you can get one for free or next to nothing.. Get a Hot Cam intake, add the E base gasket,, and buy a full exhaust. The slip on is doing little more then making more noise. Those three "little" gains will add up to a noticeable difference. Add in a Wiesco 13.5:1 piston while your at it and you'll notice even more of a difference,, then you'll be wanting an FCR,,as the BSR36 is,, well a nice carb,, but not nearly the carb as an FCR is for a dirt bike... Then there is them stock 2 (3, 4, 5, 6,) piece valves.. I personally would not change anything in the valve train, or increase HP or RPM limits without replacing them with SS valves from Kibble White or Ferrea.

Now what were you saying about a gasket :banghead::banghead:🤣🤣 Oh ya..... no,, the gasket by it self with no other mods is not worth it.. As a step,, yes do it,, for now... or later with future mods.

Imho the E-base gasket is really worth it! It was a better mod than opening up the airbox! :banghead:

E-Base Gasket

Jetted to Burned specs

Hindle Ex., Complete

Snorkel Pulled

Pump Gas

38.7 H/P! (Latest run, after 2500 miles)

The Base Gasket 'IS' worth it.

More compression is always good,,,up to a point at least. But 12.2 is not anywhere's near that point.