Sign in to follow this  

whos runnin stainless oil filters?

I got the READY filters for all 3 of my CRFs. Bought the Ready filters because they were mid-priced and came with the cool looking black plate that replaces the what i thought is the ugly oil filter cover.

Just but them on about a 150 miles ago and haven`t tryed cleaning them yet. The covers worked great on the 250Xs, but leaked like hell on the 450. Took it off and put stock back on. I run Castrol 10w-40, so at 150 miles and they haven`t blown up so i guess they`re working, guess well see what happens in the long term.

I purchased the Scott's SS oil filter. I hated going to change the oil then realizing I did not have any paper filters. Great idea - saves money too.

I've been using a Scott's on my 03 CRF450 since it was broken in. Works perfect and I don't have to worry about keeping filters on hand. I clean it with every oil change. I used Mobil1 Red and now (I'm down to my last 2 quarts of Red) I'll try something else after my next change.

I am switching from the paper filters to the Ready Stainless filter on my next oil change.

What is the best cleaner to use on those and are there any tricks to getting a good cleaning on the reusable filters? thanks.

I got the Scott's filter on my X. Just clean it, dry it, throw it back in. As for oil, Amsoil 10W-40 for the engine & tranny. :banghead: