Sign in to follow this  

obstacle before turn problems

The track where I ride added a new feature...before a right handed turn they put like a 2-3 foot tall square almost like a huge braking bump. I can't figure out how to get into and away from it quickly. Do you charge into it and brake going up the face, or brake before you get to it and then gas over it and into the turn? I've tried both ways, but I can't really find a winner. How do you all approach this obstacle? (I've watched A class guys do it and I'm not even close to having the speed to go about it the way they do. They just smash into it like they are going to push it over)

if its not to large (2ft) maybe you can try wheel standing your front wheel over it, and then let the front wheel drop as your back wheel hits the bump.

or if its three feet lift your front wheel so you hit about 6 inches bellow the top of the bump, these two methods will help your bike absorb the bump rather than get air of it.

but maybe they are not suitable its hard to guess without seeing the bump.

We have one of those things. First off take the corner wider and line up to that jump. Hit it with speed and jump through the turn. Line yourself up so when you land you dont have to make too much of a directional change you can just gas it and go.

It's difficult to judge without a picture, but off the cuff I'd do it off-road style, wheelie into it, pre-jump it a little (shift the weight front at the peak) to keep the front on the ground and push the back end left while its in the air to line it up with the berm/turn, assuming its not a hard 180. If things go well you'll end up aligned to the natural turn path and set up to exit using the berm. :banghead: