Sign in to follow this  

Where to ride in the Raleigh/Cary/Durham or nearby areas

Looking for good trail/off road riding in these areas... Maybe Dual Sports, Enduros or Hare Scramble series??? Be going down to look at houses in 2 weeks for a job in Raleigh at like to be near good riding...

I'm not looking for specific riding spots, just a general idea if there are any benifets to looking for a house in a certian town or area over another because of riding possiblities, MX tracks are NOT a factor, the only thing I'd do there is bring my son to watch the races once in awhile. I have a very large state forest that I can ride in right down the street, that would be great but not essential. I'm just an old enduro rider looking to do some trail riding few times a month.

Guess this would sound sick if my wife read this, but riding is a buying factor right below schools for the kids...

Any suggestion would be great.... Thanks :banghead:

ncdirtrider.com will have a listing of most of the tracks in NC and SC. There are only 2 HS series in NC that I know of unless you want to go out of state. They are NCHSA and Mideast/Interstate . Hope this helps.

Not much within an hour of here unless you can find private land. Busco Beach in Goldsboro for some flatter trails and Brushy Mountain in Taylorsville is the best place for real trails and mountains.

There are plenty of MX tracks.

Looking for good trail/off road riding in these areas... Maybe Dual Sports, Enduros or Hare Scramble series??? Be going down to look at houses in 2 weeks for a job in Raleigh at like to be near good riding...

I'm not looking for specific riding spots, just a general idea if there are any benifets to looking for a house in a certian town or area over another because of riding possiblities, MX tracks are NOT a factor, the only thing I'd do there is bring my son to watch the races once in awhile. I have a very large state forest that I can ride in right down the street, that would be great but not essential. I'm just an old enduro rider looking to do some trail riding few times a month.

Guess this would sound sick if my wife read this, but riding is a buying factor right below schools for the kids...

Any suggestion would be great.... Thanks🤣

Here you go:

http://www.hometownmotocross.com/

:banghead::banghead:

the best riding that i know of in that area is brushy mountain motor sports park. it is great and has a little of everything except for an mx track. it is west of raleigh by an hour and a half maybe a little less. i think the link is www.bmmsp.com good luck

try 2.5 hrs from Raleigh.

Werd. And the cops are always hanging out by the dozen on that section of I-40 before I-77.