Sign in to follow this  

Early 80s Jeep CJ7

I'm lookin at possibly getting a CJ7. I just now considered the possiblility today so i haven't looked into the specifics of the vehicle yet. My main concern is gas mileage. I drive a lifted 86 F-250 now at 8 mpg with the 460 motor...

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT MILEAGE THEY GET WITH THEIR 80-84 CJ7 ? IT'S GOT STOCK TIRES, NO LIFT, 4 SPD. AND ORIGINAL INLINE 6...

Yep, I had a 83' CJ-7 with a inline 6 with 33" tires. For what it was and all the stop and go and stop and go I did the Gas used was not all that bad. I would say I got(give or take a little)14 mpg. I also put an exhaust system on it too. The only thing that gave me a problem was the Master Brake cylinder. I had the Jeep for 3 years and had to get 2 of them. $60 each and was very easy to replace. I think with the bigger tires and braking that it caused the Master Brake cylinder to get over worked.That's the Only problem I had with my Jeep. :banghead:

It'll probably get better than 8. I have a stock '94 with the 4.0 six cyl./ 5 speed, and I probably get between 15-18, but that's with FI and OD trans.