Sign in to follow this  

See, the WR250 can holeshot!

#8 behind me has been winning most of the races (250x), he is one fast kid. I can hold him off a few miles after that he is gone.

Did you e-start or kick start? What was your start drill/technique?

Dang Charlie, what an easy starting area. Ours usually have a tight switchback within 60 ft or into single track in the same amount of time. You have inspired me. I'm going to try and get a holeshot. Kind of hard though against a 250 2 stroke. :banghead: I gave up on trying to get the holeshot because I am not the fastest and trying to ride out front just blew my wad on the first lap. You keep riding like that though and you will get faster. Hope the sprockey will get you a little better lead. :banghead:

me a few weeks ago #14F

("C" 4 strk)

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

C'mon now, fess up...... did you shut the 39F's fuel petcock 1/2 way closed at the start gate??? LOL, just bustin' crackers! Great job! You musta' had that WR bouncing right off the rev limiter hitting 3rd, thats when the WR's typically fall on their face!

me a few weeks ago #14F

("C" 4 strk)

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

OK.. you show us how well you started the race, but how did you finish.

Ha! I got 13th on that one. I got major arm pump and feel back.

Those YZF's don't stand a chance!

I e-start only which I find is pretty quick. #8 usually gets the holeshot and he does the same thing. I don't rev my bike at the start like a lot of guys (Nervous habit for them?), I let it warm up, snick it in gear and turn it off. It fires right up and goes. I took off in second this start since it was a long run to the woods. I find the WR doesn't kick well, short lever I guess.

I want to be in the top 5 at the start (my goal)

I am a top 20 placer :banghead:, usually somewhere around 13 for some reason. We have anywhere from 30 to 50 racers in my class.

On my DR I could get holeshots also, I don't hold back cause someone will crash at the start making a mess.

I don't hold back cause someone will crash at the start making a mess.

Believe it or not, this is why people get the holeshot. It really doesn't matter who has what bike. It is who is willing to push it to first turn and not let off. It's very hard to overcome that instinct.

Stand up! You need to be standing up like #8 is!

BFS

True, he is ready for the first turn to the left. He didn't get around me till mile 6 though :banghead: I bobbled on a slick bridge crossing and he got around me. I rode behind him and noticed he stands much of the time. I try to but in the tight trees I feel I need to sit down to catch myself as needed. I am working on this though

We have low limbs also so you have to watch out!

Another almost start. I sucked on this one though and was near the end getting off. I opened the throttle as I turn it over and it wouldn't start. Rookie mistake....

Dillwyn_Sep_05_048.jpg

Ha! I got 13th on that one. I got major arm pump and feel back.

Those YZF's don't stand a chance!

I e-start only which I find is pretty quick. #8 usually gets the holeshot and he does the same thing. I don't rev my bike at the start like a lot of guys (Nervous habit for them?), I let it warm up, snick it in gear and turn it off. It fires right up and goes. I took off in second this start since it was a long run to the woods. I find the WR doesn't kick well, short lever I guess.

I want to be in the top 5 at the start (my goal)

I am a top 20 placer :banghead:, usually somewhere around 13 for some reason. We have anywhere from 30 to 50 racers in my class.

On my DR I could get holeshots also, I don't hold back cause someone will crash at the start making a mess.

Yup,

I have about the same starting gate technique, I rev modest, do a quick 1-2 shift, and when i'm tracking straight, pull back on the bars, and push on the footpegs for max weight transfer, then "twist dat wrist" ! (I learned this technique at the Tony D. motoX school, it works awesome). I generally always get a good jump on "rev limit start" bozos, as they almost always roost sideways and get all squirrely. I've holeshoted twice, and twice crashed from being overly hyper from that holeshot! :banghead: