Sign in to follow this  

2006 KX250F $750 Kawasaki credit...What should I buy??

Hi Guys.

Just picked up my new 06KX250F. Part of the deal is a $750CND credit in which I have to spend on Kawasaki OEM parts/accessories.

Not sure what I should spend it on.

I'd like to maximize my bucks so I could really use some help deciding what I should buy.

I'll review the bike in another post..

BTW.............it is everything they said it would be.. :banghead:

Cheers

Joe :banghead:

Piston,Rings,Valve Springs,Tappetts,Valves you can't go wrong here if they have solved some of the valve issues these are still high wear parts, If you never use them you can always e-bay them and get most of your money back.... :banghead:

Get the Ti footpegs from the KX450F, cables because you will want to replace a clutch cable for smoother pull after 4 months or so, and shrouds because with the two piece you do not want to be done for the day if you wad up and break them.

dont worry about the valves.....get oil, filters, a couple air filters, a couple of Kawasaki chairs, and some tools. Go to Kawsaki.com and check out all teh accessories. They have a lot of good stuff. Oil, Air Filters, and oil filters (all changed often) would make your motor last...

Thanks guys......................

I've been on buykawasaki.com and checked out all the accessories.

I'm thinks'n tools for sure,oil,filter,chain,sproket etc.

I'll have to see how much the consumables will cost and then how much I have left.

Ti foot pegs off a 450.....?????????? To what advantage will I have with them? I'm stupid please explain.

Keep it comming guys I still need help here.

thanks a snuff.

Joe

Thanks guys......................

I've been on buykawasaki.com and checked out all the accessories.

I'm thinks'n tools for sure,oil,filter,chain,sproket etc.

I'll have to see how much the consumables will cost and then how much I have left.

Ti foot pegs off a 450.....?????????? To what advantage will I have with them? I'm stupid please explain.

Keep it comming guys I still need help here.

thanks a snuff.

Joe

Ti footpegs will do nothing more than take an unnoticable amount of weight off the bike. I got some of the Cruz T-handles and a couple other tools from Kawi and they are great...guaranteed for life, cant beat that. but ya...just buy all the maintnance stuff you can get, and ride the bike the way it was supposed to be ridden. keep the oil clean, as well as the air filter. buy a couple OEM filters, they are great. you will have no excuse to slack on maintnance because you wont have to go out and buy anything for it for a while.

I have the 06 KX250F as well and I noticed that it does not come with the Ti footpegs like the 450 is going to.

The ones on the 250F do not have very agressive teath and not being Ti will wear out quicker.

I like my feet to stay on the pegs and as such prefer to have more agressive footpeg teeth, and the longevity the Ti pegs provide.

I have the 06 KX250F as well and I noticed that it does not come with the Ti footpegs like the 450 is going to.

The ones on the 250F do not have very agressive teath and not being Ti will wear out quicker.

I like my feet to stay on the pegs and as such prefer to have more agressive footpeg teeth, and the longevity the Ti pegs provide.

i have the PC steel pegs, they are GREAT. way better than stock, and have hardly worn at all, and have been on the bike since it was new. if you can afford teh TI, go for it. But this guy would blow half his wad just on pegs alone. Although they can be beneficial, its one of those things that doesnt need to happen right away.

I agree. Get all the tools and consumables you can, if you have enough or some left over and peg grip is important, then go for them.

I agree. Get all the tools and consumables you can, if you have enough or some left over and peg grip is important, then go for them.

yup...you should be able to buy maintnance stuff, and have enough left over to AT LEAST get youself a nice little discount on some pegs or something else.

That's absouletly great advice guys.

I'm making a list of all the maintenance stuff I think I'll need ( following given advice of course) and we'll see how much cash is left over.

Once again................keep it comming. I need all the help I can get.

Cheers

Joe

Get the Ti footpegs from the KX450F, cables because you will want to replace a clutch cable for smoother pull after 4 months or so, and shrouds because with the two piece you do not want to be done for the day if you wad up and break them.

how often do people break shrouds?? ive never seen ayone at the track break them even with some pretty harcore crashes..i think thats a waist of money IMO

Only shrouds I have seen broke where cracked, but those were from impacts with trees. Just save the money, you never know when you may really need it.

Only shrouds I have seen broke where cracked, but those were from impacts with trees. Just save the money, you never know when you may really need it.

I'm under the impression that there is a time limit to use the credit. ?????

I'll have to ask if there is>

Joe

how often do people break shrouds?? ive never seen ayone at the track break them even with some pretty harcore crashes..i think thats a waist of money IMO

Don't be an ass. Have you seen a lot of 2 piece shrouds at the track? Yeah, I thought not.