Sign in to follow this  

Bent Frame!

Hey Guys, a few months ago I purchased an 03 400s with a supermoto setuup on it from a guy on ebay. Long story short I just wasn't using the bike so I sold it. 1st guy to look at it gave me 3600 and took it home. Calls back 3 hours later,,Dude,,did you know the frame was bent? Nope. Anyhow I gave him his $ back and now I've got a wrecked bike. Front end is 3" left at bottom of tire, Bent at the head-set. What should I do? Part out?,,Artwork,, Maybe Monster Garage wants it. Thanks for any help. JJ

If you want the bike,,,, put a frame on it.,,, They are out there from others that have parted out a bike.. The frame is not really a sought after part.All DRZ frames are the same except for some slight differences on the S.

On another note.. You had the bike for how long and never noticed the bent frame/misaligned wheel? And as Burned said.. Got a pic???? :banghead:

HI Guys, I got some pics on an album, Comcast won't let me send a link so I need an Email address to send to. Bronco your right, I had the bike all summer,I knew it had been down pretty hard ,,scuffed pipe and bent / broke rear seat mounts but never noticed the front end, Forks are in great shape and the wheels look good. This is a classic ebay mistake, NEVER buy something like this without seeing it first. Thanks and send me an email for the pics. JJ

Where are you located? How's the motor? My buddy needs an engine for his '03 -- let me know if you want to deal.

I'm In Western Washington, The bike has 3000 mi and runs perfect. Engine looks great. JJ

If anybody want pics PM me and I will send them ,,,sorry for the inconvience. JJ

I'm sure you can probably get a good chunk of change for the wheels. You can probably get at least a couple thousand parting that thing out.

Incidentally, good for you for refunding that dude's money. Legally, you did not have to do that, but it's good Karma and keeps people from killing you. :banghead:

If anybody want pics PM me and I will send them ,,,sorry for the inconvience. JJ
As you using comcast.. same as I. You do know they give you a good bit or server space for uploading :banghead: No need to mess with free pic servers unless you wanting to upload a ton of stuff. Whe I suggested posting the pics before,,I did so because you said comcast was stopping you :banghead:

As to you delima.. Part it out... Motor, wheels alone will get you $1600 or so🤣 If the frame is bent that bad,, I'd guess the forks are too... or should be 🤣 No money for them 🤣 So that leaves the shock , subframe and a ton of little stuff that is only worth money to some who are in need of a cheap, used OEM replacment part.

Or find a frame.. and maybe forks (so, are they bent?) and put the bike back on the road. :busted:

Thanks Neil, You can see the lower center downtube in relationship to the tire. While the bike is on it's kickstand the forks are almost straight. Why I didn't notice this at first I can not explain.I really never rode it much and when I did I just wasn't comfortable,,(duh!!) I thought it was the weight of the SM wheels.Thanks for the input everybody,,Parts will be on Ebay soon. JJ

You should post the parts here on TT first. I'm sure there are those who could use spares.................Keep it in the family!!

I'd bet you could get.....$ 1300 -1400 for the wheels, tires, sprocket, brake

and about $700- $800 for the engine alone. Probably another $300 to $400 for the other stuff. So, easily $2500 :banghead:

My question is , does it have a salvage title? The rest of the bike looks good and would have definitly been trashed with damage like that to the frame. Strange situation for sure, It would be interesting to know what transpired there. If I found the dude that sold it to me i would prolly prepare a set of concrete shoes for him :banghead:

No on the salvage tittle, I bougt it from a "Dealer" on ebay, He was in the Knoxville area. His feedback was perfect and had appeared to have done many bike deals. He claimed he got the bike at auction. Bike was tittled in Rhode Island. And yes everything else is in good shape....Front end has been replaced,,There's no way the frame got that kind of damage with those forks attached. Thanks JJ