Sign in to follow this  

Tires - So Cal Desert

Time to replace the original Dunlop 695 110 X 100 X 18 on the rear.

What is a good tire for desert riding - mostly high desert (Red Mountain, Stoddard Wells, Lucerne, etc.).

Naturally, I want to best of all worlds, great traction, long lasting, puncture/tear proof, cheap, etc. :banghead:

I've put on a Maxxis IT 3 rides ago and can say that it is the best tire I've tried so far. A real popular combo is the Dunlop 756 front and Maxxis IT on the rear for the desert

Maxxis IT Desert!!!! - Love the IT and just went with a IT desert rear for D37 racing and it is NICE. They last longer than the regular IT.

A real popular combo is the Dunlop 756 front and Maxxis IT on the rear for the desert

:banghead: Very good setup, that's what I'm running. I've heard the desert IT's are good too but I haven't used them.

I would suggest the Maxxis IT, front and rear. Chapparal has them on sale for $85 for front and rear.

The Dunlop D773 is also a good front tire for SoCal high desert.

Maxxis IT, I think they are only like $40 in Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. The Dunlop 756 is a cool front for it too. I haven't tried the desert Maxxis, I can't imagine them lasting longer than the IT, since it seems to wear about forever. I have about 5 or 6 pretty good rides on mine, and it is still hanging in there just fine.

no body has recommended the dunlop d-739. does anybody out there ride with the 739 on the rear in so-cal desert that tire works great 4 me.