Sign in to follow this  

2006 Crf450f

Which is the best quality pipe and silencer for this bike? From what I have seen White Bros, Yoshi, FMF & Pro Circuit are all good but I don't want to have to experience all of them.. I am looking for low to mid power. Is the $800 White Bros Carbon Fiber Pipe worth the money or is it just bling bling??

Thanks!

Spend your money on suspension first. Setup (bars/seat/pegs/gearing/chain) second. Engine third.

IMHO, this bike does not need a pipe (unless of course you can use all the power or have $$$ burning a hole in your pocket!)

Thank You! Do I Really Need To Do Suspension? I Weigh Approx. 185 And I Ride Primarily At Glamis Sand Dunes.. What Suspension Work Do You Recommend??

I Will Leave The Pipe Then. Besides It Sounds Good And Look Pretty Good Too!

The stock springs are probably about right for your weight. I would contact Factory Connection and/or RG3 out your way to set it up for your kind of riding and/or your ability. If you were going to spend some $ this is a good place to start. You def want to replace the chain asap. I don't think you'll get more than a ride or 2 before it's stretched out!

Only you can tell if you need suspension done. I'm 165lbs and have only touched the clickers slighly. The suspension and handling is waaaayyyyy better on this bike stock than it was on and of my modified ones. I added a exhaust to mine but not for power, instead it was for a spark arrestor when riding trails. But truely, the bike doesn't need any more power unless you are a professional rider looking to squeeze that little bit extra out of it.

How long/many hours are on this bike anyway?

I agree with the suspension first... setup 2nd...

I was told that this bike doesn't need an aftermarket pipe. There is only 1 pipe that gives you benefits while all the others are the same if not worse than stock. I can't remember which one it was but even the benefits were hardly noticable. So.. unless you have a few hundy in your pocket waiting to be spent... don't waste your money.

I'm taking my suspension into ProValve next week... but that's just because I need it for the tracks I ride... I don't know if you would need anything if you're a glamis rider....

Todd.

Thanks! That Helps A Lot..

Do I Need To Change The Stock Air Filter??

Also What Does The Stock Gearing Work Best For? Desert Or Track?

One More Question... Is U4 Worth The Money? I Ran It In My Crf50s And It Gunked Up My Carbs... Smells Good Though...

MRD all the way baby!! unbeatable cutomer service, and he will make an exhaust just for you!!!