Sign in to follow this  

I can see clearly now...new headlight

NICE!

i'm currently fabbing a bracket for a 8" single. that new one on baja designs site. wish i'd waited a bit for that trailtech one now. our bikes are nearly identical.

both black but mine has camo graphics.

That's excactly what I'm looking for ! What is it and how much ? Any more pics of the setup ?

It is sold by trailtech for $479 plus shipping. It is a 35W HID. Not sure who makes what for it but the lens is made by Hella and I'd assume so is the reflector it is screwed to. Not sure who makes the ballast or bulb though. I'll take a closer look at it today and see if I can find out.

It is off the bike right now but I'll take some pics of it from various angles. I must admit that it has a very well made bracket for mounting it. Any specific pics anyone wants?

You can but how much current will it draw? And what is the color temperature of the light? You can get a halogen for a couple of hundred dollars less from trailtech as well. I'm going to be able to run the light, a pair of HID helmet lights and should even have enough juice left over for a set of grip heaters.

Very nice...Which size saddle fits best?

Are you going to add a screen or something to protect the lens?

What about a Baja Designs Tecate HID setup? Isn't it less money and it has the typical enduro square light + shroud. I am not a big fan of the old school round lighting but when function is what counts.......

The stock E lighting isn't that great.

Edit : I guess this would be the replacement for the Tecate?

http://www.bajadesigns.com/2005%20Web%20Site/diablo.htm

Looks like you stole the light and bucket off my farm truck!! :banghead: Im gonna need that back.

Sweet light man.....do you have a sideview pic?

I get some this afternoon of it

Very nice...Which size saddle fits best?

70mm is what she told me, tell them you want it for a drz

Are you going to add a screen or something to protect the lens?

bronco is supposed to get me a link for some poly material

What about a Baja Designs Tecate HID setup? Isn't it less money and it has the typical enduro square light + shroud. I am not a big fan of the old school round lighting but when function is what counts.......

The bulb is only one part of a lighting system, the others being the lens and last and most important reflector. An 8" round system has proven itself to be a better shape/size for lights. As least that is what I would assume since they are what the million dollar race trucks use.

I think BD may still be making the tecate setup, the diablo looks like just a tecate without the mr16 halogen light.

Looks like you stole the light and bucket off my farm truck!!

It's a lot lighter, not to mention brighter, than any farm light I've ever seen/used. :banghead:

your new light costs more than any farm truck I've ever seen/used thumbsup.gif

That is a really nice setup. I'd like to have something similar. I know someone who runs a tecate HID, he says it puts out all the light he needs for night prerunning, then again he is crazy :banghead:

Hello first time on here so I'm not sure if this even works

I am running a baja designs tecate light using the halogen as low beam and the H.I.D. as high beam on my 05 E model and I love it :banghead::banghead:

Welcome to TT. I looked at the tecate but decided I would rather have the 8" round light instead. I have a pair of HID helmet lights for lighting up where I'm looking and for close work. Use them like a low beam.

Wow cost too much for me. I would like an HID setup but not for that price. I like the looks of the BD ones a lot.

It costs too much for me when I can get a HID setup for my car cheaper.

Wicked looking light 10guy. :banghead:🤣 If you get a chance could you post some night pics comparing to a stocker? That thing will be great in the winter. Turn it on and melt a pathway thru the snow. :banghead:

I'll put it back on the bike this evening in the garage and get some more pics. Also some of the light output.