Sign in to follow this  

Suggestions for new 125cc bike

Hello, this is my first post here. I recently purchased a chinese knock-off pit bike. It has a 125 cc loncin motor.

I am interested in modding this bike if its possible.

I am interested in a bigger front sprocket. What size would be 1 step up from stock?

I have also been reading that a bigger carb, cam, and pipe will really wake this thing up. (already runs strong)

So, my question would be what size carb should i be looking for, and as far as a cam goes, I really dont know which work with this motor.

Does anyone have any input in finding a cam or what for what motor i look for the cam?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve L.

I am interested in a bigger front sprocket. What size would be 1 step up from stock?

Are you serious ?? Can't you count or something ?? :banghead:

usually a lot people who run a 124cc pitbikes go for like a 24mm sized carb, also every knock off will have a different size sprockets so just count and go 1 tooth up from whatever u have, count with ur fingers and toes if u must

Well it was touch and go for a minute but once i got my sock off i calculated 14 teeth up front. :banghead: Im pretty sure thats stock for xr-50's right? I guess my question should be will a 15 tooth sprocket for a xr-50 work with my bike? I tried to research but didnt come up with much. Im guessing that a 15t for xr will bolt up.

Well it was touch and go for a minute but once i got my sock off i calculated 14 teeth up front. 🤣 .

:banghead:🤣🤣:banghead:

hmm.. so u dont think it will fit huh? Anyone else have any experience here?? I need to get a bigger sprocket on this thing because 1st and 2nd gear are about useless. If im not like getting the bike out of my garage or something i dont even use 1st gear.

The bike is topped out so fast because of thes super short gearing. I just wanna get a little more out of it.

Anyone know of a sprocket that does work?

can't you also change your rear sprocket. you might try and go that route

Yes you can change out the rear sprocket aswell. I'm gonna end up doing that too most likely but for now i just wanna try 1 tooth up front.

Basically a front sprocket is usually around 15 dollars and a rear is $50.

If i think it needs geared up more than that (prolly will) im just gonna put rear sprocket on when i change the chain.

matt thanks for the link i will def talk with him, I appreciate all the input!

kx250rider how did that loncin motor of yours hold up?? mine seems ok right now but who knows i guess?