Buh bye BLUE, Hello RED!

Well, to celebrate my divorce and birthday I went out and bought me my first NEW dirtbike. :banghead:

I have been riding my YZ426F for the last two years and really enjoyed the feel and performance of that bike! I have had NO problems with that bike at all. Kept up on the maintenance and it's been great.

I thought it would be a no brainer when the '06 WR450F came out, that I would get that bike. I wanted electric start, headlight, tail light and kickstand. My buddy Bob got one from his wife (too cool) for his birthday. At the same time my buddy Johnny picked up a CRF450X.

I got a chance to ride them both, side by side comparison. Hands down the CRF450X fit me better and these were noticable differences:

'05 X = less cluttered engine area

crankcase and tranny seperate oil

lighter steering

awesome throttle response

seat is softer

sleek LED taillight assy

air cleaner access door

weight down low

$6052 OTD

Dislike the odometer

Dislikes on the '06 WR

Bulky tail light assy

Throttle stop would not allow full throttle

Heavy steering

Seemed top heavy

Clutch too short of a throw..wayout

Dinky tail pipe!

$7290 OTD

I did like the electronic speedo.

Both bikes are really nice bikes... these are the little things that I liked and disliked.. If you get a chance ride both bikes and see what you think!!!

New Baby

IMG_0818.jpg

Acerbis Hand Guards

IMG_0821.jpg

Works Radiator Guards

IMG_0819.jpg

Devoll Skid Plate

IMG_0820.jpg

ProTaper Bars w/ Renthal Grips

IMG_0822.jpg

So purdy!!!

IMG_0824.jpg

Went to the calibogie boogie a few weeks back and was riding with a CRF 450x.

This trail ride is very rocky. To make a long story short file down the brake pedal sharp point on the inside closest to the side casing.He put as small hole

in his and started seeping oil. When we got to the lunch stop there was another rider fixing a hole in his side casing on a CRF450x.

Congrates on the divorce and the b-day....nice bike.....where is the az are ya?.....Nice bike..... :banghead:

I am in Peoria, AZ... just did the back way to Crown King yesterday. Ended up with 120 miles on the bike! We took a few short cuts. Got a front flat... that was a bummer. But other then that the bike was awesome. Got more traction then my YZ, and lugged better through the rocky stuff. I did 84mph on a straight away. Pretty quick. Handled awesome at that speed too! the last part of the ride was from Rock Springs, along the Aqua Fria and across the top of Lake Pleasant to Castle Hot Springs in the dark! That was my first dirt bike ride in the dark! Went great! Some areas scare the crap out of you in the dark. Just throttle up!

Can't wait for the next ride!!

:banghead: